What should I do now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sailo1994

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Are your volunteering hours clinical, non clinical or both? You don’t need any more shadowing. You do need a much higher MCAT. Are you applying in June? When are you taking the MCAT?

Depending on how well you rebound on your MCAT, you definitely have a chance as URM. Just focus on your MCAT prep and knock it out of the park. If you can after that, try to get some more clinical experience, paid preferred.

Members don't see this ad :)
The GPA-MCAT grid shows you have a 25% chance for a MD acceptance with your stats. If you increase your MCAT to 505 your odds go up to 80%. A 500 MCAT would be fine for some DO schools.

I’m not a big fan of scribing but lots of people do it so I don’t know. Anything that gives you direct patient interaction is good. Maybe scribe to earn some money and volunteer a few hours a week in a hospital or hospice or clinic. Do something that will show ADCOMS that you know you want to spend the next 30+ years working with the sick, injured and dying. Again good luck!