What should I do over the summer???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobthesun

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a rising senior and i need to figure out what to do with my summer. I am an econ major, chem minor. I have done 2 summers of hospital volunteering (1 as a student volunteer coordinator/trainer). I also did about a 1.5 years of research in which i will have 2 publications, not first author. I already have tons of shadowing hours so i am not sure what I should really do at this point. I was gonna study for my mcats but I have not been doing so well in my classes this semester (a c in genetics) so i will probably have to do an smp. In general my EC's are good.

Not sure really what to do. I was thinking about staying away from home and studying for mcats, and doing some sort of internship/volunteer work but i am not sure what? Any ideas? Red cross volunteer? I can't do research again, it sucked. My school is in a small town so opportunities are limited but any ideas?

I want something a little different, new, enjoyable, but still looks good on a resume.

Members don't see this ad.

If you're doing something after you apply, I wouldn't worry about it being a "resume-builder". If not, could you re-take Genetics over the summer?