What should I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ciestar

All grown up!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What does your heart tell you? I suspect that even after all the clinical experience that you have, that Medicine (note the capitol M) isn't for you. It is, after all, a calling.

I will just give the run down now:
-Bachelors of Science in Biology from Penn State
-cGPA 3.71
-sGPA 3.84

Active involvement in Alpha Epsilon Delta Honor Society
Student marshal at graduation ceremony

Volunteerism within the Red Cross (not much, 6 hours maybe?)
200 hours of clinical care experience in hospitals and nursing homes
I've been working in a pharmacy for a long time and probably have close to 1000 hours doing that with CVS and Target
PTCB certified

I took my PCATs today and got an 89 preliminary score with basically no studying because I had thought I changed my mind.

I've been back and forth on med/pharm school for a while.
I don't plan on applying to either until next summer, so I have some time to decide, but I am on the fence about what to really do and could use some advice!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Take the time off to know for a fact. Once you've decided, you just need a good mcat or pcat score to get in.

It's better to have tried and failed than to have never tried at all.
If you get in, you won't fail. Almost no one does.
I was a 3.5 gpa slacker, went to a top 20 medical school, and left them all in my wake. Now I've been on the faculty of 2 top 10 medical schools, work at one of the best children's hospitals in the world and kill it every day doing the worst cases.
The only thing holding you back is you.
You either want it or you don't.

Last edited: