[-]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gomefun2

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
[-]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Please just take the test on Monday so that we don't have to read about how awesome you are for "writing" the MCAT on minimal preparation anymore.

(Gahhhh! One can only lurk for so long before someone agitates him so much that he has to post a response.)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not being an ass. Here are the requirements for the medical school in my city:

4 Yr Applicants
2 & 3 Yr Applicants​
Mean Cumulative GPA
3.80​
Mean Prerequisite GPA
3.94​
Mean MCAT
11.46​
Mean Writing Sample
Q
Q
4 Yr Applicants
2 & 3 Yr Applicants​
Mean Cumulative GPA
3.80​
Mean Prerequisite GPA
3.94​
Mean MCAT
11.46​
Mean Writing Sample
Q
Q​

As you can see, I need a 33 to be competitive (after four year program), and a 35 after a year 3 program.

So that means I need 12's on the sciences and 10 on the verbal to be in a good position.

Which is really hard to do in 10 days time, but thnks for coming out.

Then you should've studied for more than 10 days, dick

Your sciences seem okay, the key is to focus. However, you cannot blow off verbal and think you'll actually survive on the real thing. buy a couple AAMC tests and just do the verbal section, work on pacing and read the explanations. that should be sufficient.

I just did 3 physics sections from the aamc site, and got 14, 13, 14 (on 13 my brother was banging on my door, and I told him to **** off cuz I was doing a timed test, he didnt hear me, so he lock picked my door with a pen, and proceeded to bother me further).

hmm, even if i wanted to cancel my test, I dont think there is any way too, I checked, and couldn't see any. If I dont score 10 or more on the verbal part then I may just want to do it another day. perhaps I will void my results or something.

Really even though I get 11 or 12s on the bio section, I really don't have very many facts memorized (compared to what I could have memorized). I think I could increase my score because of that and because of the fact that I get some questions wrong do to reading comprehension (which could be improved by studing for verbal reasoning more).

hmmm... maybe you need to study more... you dont seem that prepared :hardy:

I'm not being an ass. Here are the requirements for the medical school in my city:

4 Yr Applicants
2 & 3 Yr Applicants​
Mean Cumulative GPA
3.80​
Mean Prerequisite GPA
3.94​
Mean MCAT
11.46​
Mean Writing Sample
Q
Q
4 Yr Applicants
2 & 3 Yr Applicants​
Mean Cumulative GPA
3.80​
Mean Prerequisite GPA
3.94​
Mean MCAT
11.46​
Mean Writing Sample
Q
Q​

As you can see, I need a 33 to be competitive (after four year program), and a 35 after a year 3 program.

So that means I need 12's on the sciences and 10 on the verbal to be in a good position.

Which is really hard to do in 10 days time, but thnks for coming out.

see, i was not as lucky as u in improving my score. on my first diagnostic, i got a 36, and after 3 months of studying, i cant get any higher than 38. its really frustrating, and im really jealous of ur rapid improvement

Hey man, don’t listen to them. Just pull an all nighter the night before and you will be set… I mean who needs a good night’s sleep?? Also, a few beers before the MCAT and 1 shot of you favorite liquor will do…

i find myself in a similar situation as the OP. when i first took aamc 3R for a practice test, i somehow found myself only scoring a 15PS 15BS 15V. after reviewing for a week, i only managed to boost my PS score marginally to a 17. my mcats are in two weeks and i am starting to freak out. also, i've discovered that my wallet is too small for my fifties and my diamond shoes are too tight. WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!?!

I started to study for the mcat about 10 days ago. I got through physics and general chemistry (spent more than half the time in those two sections). I improved my physical mcat score from 12 to 14ish. next I spent yesterday just rushing through the bio section of the mcat, and I at first scored two 10's (aamc) but looked at my mistakes, and wrote the rest of the exams for the bio section yesterday (aamc). the rest of the marks were 11's or 12's. I havent even sat down and looked at verbal yet. and my exam is in less than 48 hours. my original goal was to get over 40, but it seems I under-estimated the exam. today I am rushing through the physical sciences AAMC exams and am getting one or two wrong on each.

I am pretty nervous, I think I didnt really give myself enough time, and I think I will probably get above 30, but my nerves may lower my score. If I had more time to prepare I wouldnt be so nervous. Also If I had an extra month to study I think I could raise my Bio score to 13-14 range or better.

I'm not sure why but I feel if I write it on monday that I am letting myself down, and not giving myself a fair chance, that being said I will still probably get a 30+ mark (unless my nerves destroy me lol).

well that's my situation.

(I havent looked a the verbal section or essay section at all, and I have never writen this exam before, I don't really have time to look at it).
Kill yourself...ive been preparing for four months and can''t even get close. You want to talk about nerves. Seriously, kill yourself!

God, you guys are funny....
this is probably the most enjoyable thread I have ever read here!!!:laugh:

Come on guys, how they hell can you believe this guy??? In less than 48 hours and he did that many AAMC exams and passages???? Impossible it takes one whole day to take just one exam... lol funny guy tho, don't let him get to you...