Canadian IB

7+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
This is the situation, I just bombed my last calc test!! If I work really hard I can still get a decent mark in this course but I think its unlikely. Math is so unpredictable!!! I have no problem taking a W since it will be my first. But if I take a W then I will have only completed 3.5 credits for the year, a full course load is 5. If I keep the calc course then I will be completing 4.5 credits but my there will be a big drop in my GPA.

How will med schools look at me only having done 3.5 credits in first year. Will they frown upon it? or would it be ok if I just justify it.

I think its better to have a higher GPA than to worry about course load. I also going to make up the extra courses this summer. and I will have a full course load for the rest of years.

I also have 2 AP credits but I don't know if that will count for anything. By the way I am a first year/freshman.

Thanks so much!

Feb 15, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
It's ok if u get a B or C. U still have many more classes that will bring ur gpa up. A "c" won't kill u. Just make sure u work harder from now on.
Med schools look at math but they don't care about calculus as much as animal physiology for example.

ROCK all your other classes.

TexasPhysician

10+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
I think its better to have a higher GPA than to worry about course load. I also going to make up the extra courses this summer. and I will have a full course load for the rest of years.

Thanks so much!
I agree with that. GPA/MCAT means almost everything. Don't worry about credits. Make it up in the summer.

Disinence2

Emergency Medicine
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
My Vote:

Ace the final and get an A in the course. Work hard, and you won't have to worry about it.