What should I label this experience as?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ja312608

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
One program I'm in is an intensive medical immersion program where for one year, I worked with two doctors in a wide variety of tasks including clinical research, rounding, shadowing, and clinical exposure. I can only use one spot on AMCAS for this activity and it was about 300 hours in all. Most of the time was spent in a clinical setting but it was much more hands on and I did more stuff than traditional shadowing yet it wasn't clinical volunteering as I didn't directly help patients rather I worked with these two PCPs in helping the patient. What would be best for me to label this as or can I label it as whatever I like as i did research and shadowing expereinces?

Members don't see this ad.

One program I'm in is an intensive medical immersion program where for one year, I worked with two doctors in a wide variety of tasks including clinical research, rounding, shadowing, and clinical exposure. I can only use one spot on AMCAS for this activity and it was about 300 hours in all. Most of the time was spent in a clinical setting but it was much more hands on and I did more stuff than traditional shadowing yet it wasn't clinical volunteering as I didn't directly help patients rather I worked with these two PCPs in helping the patient. What would be best for me to label this as or can I label it as whatever I like as i did research and shadowing expereinces?
When an experience includes multiple subcomponents and you can't separate them out into multiple spaces (or group some of them with other similar activities), use the "Other" or the "Extracurricular" tag. The name you give the activity can include the most important included categories.