asfasdfasdferwerw

2+ Year Member
May 3, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi all.

I've gone through most of the Math destroyer and I've noticed that there seems to be a difficulty spike in the types of questions asked after test 10. At least to me.

Math is my worst subject going into the DAT so far. I had a slight amount of trouble with the first 10 tests but it was still manageable. (I could do a lot of them but I still had trouble with a few) However when I got to test 11 and everything after, I felt like I couldn't do any of the problems at all and I always had to resort to checking the answer key.

With my test in 2 weeks, should I focus on the first on mastering what was covered in the first 10 tests or should I attempt to learn whats being taught in test 11 and on? Also, is the difficulty on the actual DAT closer to the first 10 tests or 11+?

Thank you guys for your help!

changtw

2+ Year Member
Jun 5, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Don't worry at all! I felt exactly the same way.

I used Math Destroyer 2014, and thought tests #1-5 were fairly easy.

I got to test #6-7 and thought the difficulty increased, but was still manageable.

I got to around #10, and I was like....holy cow! It definitely kept my confidence in check (by destroying it). Of the 16 tests provided, I only finished up until #11/12.

I never went back to go over the problems I got wrong. While I was going through each exam, I made sure to spend enough time to understand how to approach it. I think most of the time, the same type of problem would pop up on subsequent exams, so there was never a need for me to go back.

If you've managed to get through 1-10 understanding 90-95% of the problems, I think you'll be fine. Still try to push through the rest of the exams (I was still trying to finish as many as I could), since Math Destroyer tends to test the same overall concepts/problem types with increasing difficulty. This will only drill in the concepts even further.

2+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2014
Status
Dental Student
Don't worry at all! I felt exactly the same way.

I used Math Destroyer 2014, and thought tests #1-5 were fairly easy.

I got to test #6-7 and thought the difficulty increased, but was still manageable.

I got to around #10, and I was like....holy cow! It definitely kept my confidence in check (by destroying it). Of the 16 tests provided, I only finished up until #11/12.

I never went back to go over the problems I got wrong. While I was going through each exam, I made sure to spend enough time to understand how to approach it. I think most of the time, the same type of problem would pop up on subsequent exams, so there was never a need for me to go back.

If you've managed to get through 1-10 understanding 90-95% of the problems, I think you'll be fine. Still try to push through the rest of the exams (I was still trying to finish as many as I could), since Math Destroyer tends to test the same overall concepts/problem types with increasing difficulty. This will only drill in the concepts even further.
Gets way easier after like 12 or 13 so I recommend doing those if you're avoiding harder ones (to the OP)

Dec 11, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
Do you have the 2015 one? Some people recommend knowing the QR portion of the regular Destroyer in and out and use Math Destroyer for the "new" stats section if you are out of time.