What should I prioritize to gun for the "top of the bottom"

IR3A4

2+ Year Member
May 6, 2017
Hey all, I go to a "low-ranked" med school. We've had 2 exams so far, fortunate enough to get a 100 on both and also finding myself with a decent amount of free time. My interest is Peds, but I'd like to aim for the top - places like CHOP and the like, With Step 1 going P/F, the only thing pre-clin has going for it is the small portion it plays towards AOA.

What else should I be focusing on right now to work towards this goal?

PhillyMed777

7+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Research the biography of every resident there in the last 5-7 years. Find the ones who came from low med schools. Google them to Find out what you think they did to get the spot (search pubmed, search LinkedIn, look for AOA). This will take some work on your part. You need to get your hands on lists of residents from the past as well.

Reactions: 1 users

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Hey all, I go to a "low-ranked" med school. We've had 2 exams so far, fortunate enough to get a 100 on both and also finding myself with a decent amount of free time. My interest is Peds, but I'd like to aim for the top - places like CHOP and the like, With Step 1 going P/F, the only thing pre-clin has going for it is the small portion it plays towards AOA.

What else should I be focusing on right now to work towards this goal?
Networking

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.