What should i use to practice for the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mica45

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I need some recommendations please with mMCAT studying.
I am going to be done with content review by end of March and planning to take MCAT on May 15th. I have not done any full length practice or anything like that. I have purchased TPR course but haven’t used any of my practices. I wanted to do everything after I’m done with content. Also I applied for accommodation and not not sure if i get approve for extra time. I’ll hear back from them at the end of this month.

what should i focus on from April to May? ? Do I have enough time for practice? Should i do TPR or buy AAMC material?i have full time to study.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I’ll have almost 6 weeks and planning to do all aamc FL in the last 4 weeks,
should i do TPR or uworld in between?

Members don't see this ad :)
I used Exam Krackers practice tests and thought they were useful. I would start mixing some UWorld into your content review as well. For example, after you cover a topic in content review do 10-20 UWorld questions on the same topic.

If you're studying full-time, I'd say 2 months is enough time for practice if you use your time wisely. I can't speak to a review course, but UWorld is super helpful and AAMC is critical for doing well. Try one or two 3rd party exams to see where you're at, and make sure you take all 4 AAMC full-lengths.

Hi everyone
I need some recommendations please with mMCAT studying.
I am going to be done with content review by end of March and planning to take MCAT on May 15th. I have not done any full length practice or anything like that. I have purchased TPR course but haven’t used any of my practices. I wanted to do everything after I’m done with content. Also I applied for accommodation and not not sure if i get approve for extra time. I’ll hear back from them at the end of this month.

what should i focus on from April to May? ? Do I have enough time for practice? Should i do TPR or buy AAMC material?i have full time to study.

Thank you
-Use the AAMC material--the official AAMC exams are most similar to the real thing, cuz they come from old test questions
-Practice exams are going to help you more than content review. The MCAT is all about APPLYING what you learned--that's why it's a passage-based/critical thinking test. So you can't get away with just memorizing stuff. As was mentioned above, do all the questions you can get your hands on.
-Remember to practice under test conditions--this means in a crowded computer lab, with the same snack you'll bring to the MCAT, at the same time you're taking the test, etc. etc. etc. You want to simulate the test so that you are more prepared for test day.
-Most people say to take 1-2 months to complete all the practice tests. You want to ideally do one per week at the end of the week. This is better than cramming it all in at the end.
-Again I can't emphasize enough the importance of practice questions. Practice practice practice! :)