What should you do if your flight the night before the interview gets cancelled?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aegistitan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What should you do if your flight the night before the interview gets cancelled?

Say for example I'm scheduled to be on the last flight out of the airport, but it gets cancelled. What should I do? Should I call the school the next morning and tell them my flight got cancelled?

Is there any way to recover from this?

Members don't see this ad.

You call the school in the morning and tell them what happened. Clearly you are not at fault. You would then reschedule the interview for another available date.

If you arent too too far away from the school, you could check bus schedules (ie greyhound or peter pan) or amtrak. It might take a few hours longer than a plane ride, but if you really couldnt reschedule your flight or your interview it might work.

First rule: never book the last flight of the day.
Second rule: have email (or phone number) of admissions office so you can send a message as soon as you know of your change of plans. They wake up pretty early in the morning and might even check at night. The sooner they can make arrangements for the change in their day, the more receptive they may be to a request to reschedule.

Reactions: 5 users