Medical What SMP programs will look past my failures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello so my story is I guess the typical low gpa student that has turned his life around relatively, so in my late teens got kicked out of my first college with a 1.77 gpa and 60 credits attempted with roughly 54 awarded due to F (oldest child family had issues). I took a year off college all together and came back to a good semester 3.8 at a private college then transferred to a state college. I am currently sitting with a 3.1 with 30 credits attempted and awarded, including this semester and next semester I can get another 30 credits till graduation and boost my current college gpa to a 3.5 ish. The issue I face is even with straight A my cumulative gpa will take forever to get to a 3.0 due to the 1.77 gpa from the previous college. I like my odds of doing good in a SMP I rather waste $50k and a year than 2-3 years taking undergrad courses in hopes of getting a 3.0. My question is what SMP programs will take me and my sub 3.0 gpa, I score 510-515 in mock MCAT and my “new” prerequisite gpa is 3.5. Thanks in advance.
Mine would. Do your research. These programs are a dime a dozen.

Members don't see this ad.

I fully understand that, my philosophy is either that or spend 2-3 years getting gpa up post bacc and then doing bad in med school. If I can’t do good in SMP I wouldn’t go so well in med school either. Better find out sonner than latter with a post bacc.
When are you planning on taking the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
Status
Not open for further replies.