What sort of things am I supposed to include in the answer to this question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyeballistic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
.Are there any circumstances about which you want the Admissions Committee to be aware? If so, explain below. .(3000 characters)

This is one of the "Additional Questions"from SUNY, and I'm not sure what "circumstances" would belong here?

Luckily, I don't have any grades lower than a B or any kind of criminal situation that I need to explain.

I did take time off after undergrad (graduated in Spring 2010, applying for Fall 2012) just to work a little and make sure that optometry was something I wanted to do (was premed preciously) before I jumped in, and also to take my OAT.
Does that need to be explained?

Also came from a pretty disadvantaged background...dunno if that could go there.

I get that the questions kind of a free for all, but I'm just really unsure about how to answer it? Any suggestions? I feel funny leaving it entirely blank.

Members don't see this ad.

.Are there any circumstances about which you want the Admissions Committee to be aware? If so, explain below. .(3000 characters)

This is one of the "Additional Questions"from SUNY, and I'm not sure what "circumstances" would belong here?

Luckily, I don't have any grades lower than a B or any kind of criminal situation that I need to explain.

I did take time off after undergrad (graduated in Spring 2010, applying for Fall 2012) just to work a little and make sure that optometry was something I wanted to do (was premed preciously) before I jumped in, and also to take my OAT.
Does that need to be explained?

Also came from a pretty disadvantaged background...dunno if that could go there.

I get that the questions kind of a free for all, but I'm just really unsure about how to answer it? Any suggestions? I feel funny leaving it entirely blank.

what do you think you want them to know?