studentddd1

7+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Ideally I am looking for a field that gives me time to do research, more specifically translational, therapy based research while also seeing patients and making good money ( I have killer debt!). I know that is too much to ask for, but just wondering if it is at all possible. The only field I have heard of where some people are doing this is Allergy and Immunology.

I am an average student from a Caribbean med school, so might not be able to aim for the super competitive specialties.

Any suggestions?

Jun 1, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
you can do translational research in almost any field, it depends more on your institution than area of interest.

About the Ads

evilbooyaa

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician

S/he's an average Caribbean student, that's not going to happen.

OP - you can do translational research in any field. You just have to show interest in setting it up. Preferably at an academic institution that already has some sort of framework. As for debt, I would say (one of) your best bet might be IM --> GI/Cards.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.