What Studying Methods are you using?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CHOPSTIX

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I just have a question about what type of studying method you guys are using for your preparation. Do you highlight, take notes, make flashcards.. ect. What works for you? I'm trying to find an effective studying method so that I can continually review the content as I am doing practice material. Also, for those of you studying from multiple sources, do you study the content from everything and then do the practice material? For instance, I have Berkley Review Chm and EK chm that I am using to study for the Gen chm section, should I concentrate on studying content from EK and doing practice from both or should I use both for content and practice. The reason I'm asking is because I feel that my studying is being slowed down when I resort to multiple sources for the same material. I would really love your advice. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

My MCAT is August 15th. Here is what I've been doing thus far. I have begun by grouping materials for each section. For no reason I have begun studying the BS section first. So, I made an excel spreadsheet with a plan from now until 8/15/08 with what I'd like to accomplish each day. Generally, I'll study material from a source that goes into more depth than the EK books. Currently, I'm using Kaplan for Bio and OChem and Nova for Physics. Then, I'll come behind the review with the EK Lecture of the same thing I just read. EK is known to be more concise and helps wrap up anything I didn't quite understand. Then, I'll take the EK In-Class lecture corresponding to all the material I just studied. I don't quite have it yet, but I'm getting the EK Verbal and 101 Verbal Passages book next week. From then, I'll be doing a passage every other day to get sharp at that. By late June I should be done with Ochem and Bio review and focusing on Gen Chem and Physics. The later part of July I'll be focusing on practice tests. Hope this helped.