What technology/equipment do you use at your site?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tumorsuppressor

Reaction score
Hello all!

Given the high stress of the forum nowadays, I figured lets take it back to the basics and discuss some of the cool toys we use. Plus, since a lot of us are often in the market for new equipment/machines it'd be interesting to see what everyone is using. Feel free to add other headers.

Machine: Trilogy
CT: Siemens
Treatment Planning: Eclipse
Contouring: Eclipse
Immobilization: Vaclock (Thorax, abdomen, sbrt); wingboard (breast); solstat (H&n)
Brachy: BK Ultrasound Machine; Vitesse treatment planning; varisource afterloader
Respiratory Motion Mgmt: RPM
Records: Mosaiq
Skin: Electrons
Miscellaneous: Fusioncoil Fiducial markers; Orfit Pressure Belt

Members don't see this ad.

Machine: Elekta Infinity x2, Elekta Synergy x3, CyberKnife M6
CT: Siemens PET/CT x4, Siemens 4D CT x2
Treatment Planning: Pinnacle, Precision
Contouring: MIM, Precision
Immobilization: None for SBRT (use CK), thermoplastic masks (H&N/SRS), Vaklok (for conventional chest, abd), wingboards (breast)
Brachy: BK Ultrasound Machine; MIM symphony treatment planning; varisource afterloader
Respiratory Motion Mgmt: Synchrony (CK), 4DCBCT/DIBH (other accelerators)
Records: Epic for clinical documentation/MOSAIQ for everything else
Skin: Electrons/Electronic brachytherapy
Miscellaneous: Civco fiducial markers

Reactions: 1 user
varian trilogy/truebeam
eclipse
aria
Mim
just purchased vision/rt-

My thoughts on equipment: going varian for everything is most convenient for support/interoperability, although probably more expensive,and they exploit the service contracts. Raystation probably better than eclipse. Mosaic used to be better than Aria, but now about equal and actually prefer ARIA. MIM better than velocity, but no doubt Varian will improve velocity and its integration.

Last edited:
We only use the best equipment and treat all our patients with the latest and greatest in imaging and technology... believe me!

Reactions: 3 users