What Texas PT schools look at last 60 credits vs Cumulative GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Boodles130

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could let me know what the PT schools in Texas look at in terms of them preferring the last 60 hours vs. the cumulative GPA.

I believe TWU needs the last 60 hours to be at least a 3.0 GPA

Members don't see this ad.

Depends..I know off hand that Texas State, Texas Woman's, and North Texas look at last 60.. There might be others but probably not many. I would assume all others look at cumulative

Members don't see this ad :)
At ths risk of sounding like a pain, I would check into this yourself by methodically going through each school's DPT admissions webpage and checking the prerequisites. Every school is different, and while some schools may take the last 60 credits, some take the last 75, and still others calculate which credits actually count as your last 60 very differently. Also, usually the GPA of accepted students (at least in my experience) for these schools is something crazy high like 3.9, so that's something to think about as well.

If you're seriously considering Texas schools, check out each one then rule out the ones that won't make sense for your situation (finances, location, curriculum, etc.), then double check GPA requirements and you'll be left with your finalists. Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 users
Why are you wanting others to do your work for you? Just look at the admissions requirements for each school, like the above poster said, and you will have a lot more information and a lot higher quality information than you are going to get elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 users