What the AAMC means when they say...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
"on or around May 1'st" is "much much later than May 1'st".

Members don't see this ad.

Word. I knew it really meant, "Either we'll have it up on Friday night, April 30 or we won't get to it until Monday, May 3. After all, we don't work weekends here at the AAMC."

yeah, whats the deal with it.

There is a link for 2004 class, should I avoid that link? I planned on waiting until tuesday anyway, so they can get the kinks out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waiting for the AMCAS to open is just like waiting for the MCAT scores to come back.

hamhamfan said:
Waiting for the AMCAS to open is just like waiting for the MCAT scores to come back.

ummmmm noooo. its not that big of a deal. plus the worksheet is online, you can just start your app anyway.

all it really is=personal statement, experiences/resume (up to 15), (disadvantaged essay), courses/grades, schools list, and some background info.
....you can do that without amcas being up. anyway, its goin up soon. so good luck!

This is a question regarding reapplyin with the amcas,

First off, I never went all the way through with secondaries, bc I took the august MCAT (got started off late) and got a job offer for this summer and am going to work in the hospital for a year. With regards to my personal statement and other experience stuff, all I should do is touch it up with the stuff I will be doin this upcoming year, and what I have done this past one? Also, with letters, I already have three from last year. I should only have those professors as well touch up the letters, plus add a few new ones from my harder major course teachers?. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

Could somebody do the rest of us a favor and let us know when "on or around May 1st" reaches. I'll let ya'll know for sure when it does.

A word to the wise. RE-f*king-LAX. If you guys are stressing about the AMCAS release date, god help you when interview season rolls around, etc. This process requires you deal with a lot waiting and lack of control so get used to it, and ease up a little. Scratch that---ease up a lot.

Benjo said:
A word to the wise. RE-f*king-LAX. If you guys are stressing about the AMCAS release date, god help you when interview season rolls around, etc. This process requires you deal with a lot waiting and lack of control so get used to it, and ease up a little. Scratch that---ease up a lot.

Words of wisdom. You guys better listen up or you'll end up collapsing from lack of oxygen later on in the process.

this is from an email from my premed advisor i got today:

EC 2005
The AMCAS application is scheduled to go live Wednesday May 5. However the
exact time of day has not been established yet.

brats800 said:

EC 2005

HAHAHAHAHHAAHHAH AMCAS scheduled dates. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA yeah like that ever happens! On yeah, and I bet they'll start transmitting July 1st right? Friggin AMCAS :rolleyes:

brats800 said:

EC 2005

I received the same email from my premed. advisor here in NYC. :clap:

exmike said:
HAHAHAHAHHAAHHAH AMCAS scheduled dates. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA yeah like that ever happens! On yeah, and I bet they'll start transmitting July 1st right? Friggin AMCAS :rolleyes:

Now, now, now, don't talk badly about AMCAS. You know darn well, they are the most organized, trustworthy, honest, caring and compassionate organization in the world.......................

:idea: Wait a minute, I must have lost my brain on the roller coster yesterday. So sorry for the lapse into insanity. :D :cool:

Good luck, all!

Is there really any point to working on it before MCAT scores come back (for those of us waiting for them)? You cant submit it until july, right? So filling it out early confers no advantage? (other than just having it done or having more time to work on it i guess...)

I'm studying abroad over the Summer. I leave May 30th. This application thing is going to be difficult.

our premed advisor said that there's a good chance with the automatic mcat score reporting this year that we will be able to submit the amcas on June 1st, that first available day, instead of waiting for your scores to get back. yes, you'll want to feel pretty good about your scores, but she said it should work that way this year. maybe it won't, but that's the idea, at least...anyone know any more about what i'm talking about?

brats800 said:
our premed advisor said that there's a good chance with the automatic mcat score reporting this year that we will be able to submit the amcas on June 1st, that first available day, instead of waiting for your scores to get back. yes, you'll want to feel pretty good about your scores, but she said it should work that way this year. maybe it won't, but that's the idea, at least...anyone know any more about what i'm talking about?

You might be able to submit on the first day, but as you said, you won't know your scores. In addition, I'm not sure what the rush is all about considering the AMCAS won't be transmitted to schools until mid-July. There is a huge pre-med rush on submitting on the first possible day, but in reality, it makes no difference at all. It's just funny though I guess.

haha, I didn't even know what the f^ck amcas was until about two days before it was online. My premed advisor sent us an email telling us that we could apply and I signed up for an account. Ignorance was bliss, The last year has been distinguished for me at least in five periods. Waiting for my MCAT score, waiting for secondaries, waiting for interviews, waiting for acceptances and finally waiting to get off waiting lists. Unfortunately the last one has been going on since october of 2003. D'oh