what the best medical book u have ever read so far?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andie gustafson

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for me it would be boron's physiology I fell in love it's awesome it made me love human body, amazing human body.

Members don't see this ad.

Guyton Physiology was useful, and the topic was interesting.

Most text books in medical school arent that useful though so not many in contention for my fav...

Members don't see this ad :)
Principles of Neuroscience by Kandel, Robbin's Pathology is great as well. Constanzo's physio is great.

I have to agree with Robbins Pathological Basis of Disease and the Costanzo Physiology book.

For review books, you cannot beat the Lippincotts illustrated Biochem.

Kandel huh? I guess it can be used as some light reading for when your on the bus :D

Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple.

First, I thought it was BRS Physiology. Then, I thought it was CMMRS. Now, I'm starting to think it's RR Path. 10 bucks that 6 months down the line, I will want to name my first child "First Aid".

I love big robbins. Microbiology made ridiculously simple was awesome too.

A Game of Thrones
by George RR Martin. Actually the whole A Song of Ice and Fire series really. I love those books.

Oh wait you said medical book. Umm... I actually really liked Ross Histology. Pretty good book. (oh and Micro made ridiculously simple if we are including "review" type books, that thing is awesome)

RR Path. BRS Physio comes in second for me.

:thumbup: Awesome Series.

A Game of Thrones
by George RR Martin. Actually the whole A Song of Ice and Fire series really. I love those books.

Oh wait you said medical book. Umm... I actually really liked Ross Histology. Pretty good book. (oh and Micro made ridiculously simple if we are including "review" type books, that thing is awesome)

A Game of Thrones

I'm reading Wheel of Time and am liking it a lot, I'll have to check out that one. Maybe in 10 years, after I finish this series :scared:

Rapid Interpretation of EKG by Dubin (little orange book).

Step Up to Medicine. When you guys do your med rotation, don't bother buying any other book (except of course MKSAP for your qbank).