coolfez

Removed
Mar 20, 2010
Status
I have seen a bunch of people talking about the piano passage. Was this a story about the piano that was on this years DAT exam or is that a section that appears in the DAT every year? Thanks!

dentalWorks

Nights Watchmen
7+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2009
Sterling Hts, Mi
Status
Dentist
man the piano passage has been talked about for... I think since 2007

There is a passage in the RC section where one of the articles is about a "piano".... many people throw fits about it cause supposidly the questions are hard. I can't really say anything, I didn't have the piano passage

TerpFan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2007
Status
Dental Student
Honestly, a lot of people on here just hype up the passage for NO reason. Last year I went in to terrified of getting "piano-ed" and........I got the passage. Turns out, it wasn't bad at all and neither were the questions about it. Just like any other one. Don't let youself think that you're automatically screwed if you get that passage. All the hype around Piano has basically just made it a mental thing at this point.

JBarr29

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Honestly, a lot of people on here just hype up the passage for NO reason. Last year I went in to terrified of getting "piano-ed" and........I got the passage. Turns out, it wasn't bad at all and neither were the questions about it. Just like any other one. Don't let youself think that you're automatically screwed if you get that passage. All the hype around Piano has basically just made it a mental thing at this point.
totally agree...thought it was straightforward, and it didn't live up to the hype.

i will say i can see how some people struggle if they use the search and destroy. i read the whole passage and just banged out most of the questions.

AmpedUp

The Legend Still Lives
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2009
Status
Dentist
i read the passage but i couldn't really answer the questions (ran out of time on it)...i just couldn't get past the jargon. i had heard about the piano passage on SDN, but i thought i could tackle it if i saw it...i guess i was wrong though...it's was a beast. however, if you're the type that absorbs high-density information quickly, you'll have no problems on it.

May 4, 2009
Status
Avoid it at all cost! (well you really can't). Anyway, that was a terrible passage to read given that amount of time.