what the heck is a piano passage?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolfez

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have seen a bunch of people talking about the piano passage. Was this a story about the piano that was on this years DAT exam or is that a section that appears in the DAT every year? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

man the piano passage has been talked about for... I think since 2007

There is a passage in the RC section where one of the articles is about a "piano".... many people throw fits about it cause supposidly the questions are hard. I can't really say anything, I didn't have the piano passage

Honestly, a lot of people on here just hype up the passage for NO reason. Last year I went in to terrified of getting "piano-ed" and........I got the passage. Turns out, it wasn't bad at all and neither were the questions about it. Just like any other one. Don't let youself think that you're automatically screwed if you get that passage. All the hype around Piano has basically just made it a mental thing at this point.

Honestly, a lot of people on here just hype up the passage for NO reason. Last year I went in to terrified of getting "piano-ed" and........I got the passage. Turns out, it wasn't bad at all and neither were the questions about it. Just like any other one. Don't let youself think that you're automatically screwed if you get that passage. All the hype around Piano has basically just made it a mental thing at this point.

totally agree...thought it was straightforward, and it didn't live up to the hype.

i will say i can see how some people struggle if they use the search and destroy. i read the whole passage and just banged out most of the questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
i read the passage but i couldn't really answer the questions (ran out of time on it)...i just couldn't get past the jargon. i had heard about the piano passage on SDN, but i thought i could tackle it if i saw it...i guess i was wrong though...it's was a beast. however, if you're the type that absorbs high-density information quickly, you'll have no problems on it.

Avoid it at all cost! (well you really can't). Anyway, that was a terrible passage to read given that amount of time.