What the most vicious pre-med you know like?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
L

LoveBeingHuman:)

Some pre-meds are neurotic. But some are straight up vicious.

This happened to my friend once: My friend had to constantly miss class for a very important personal reason and this girl told her that she'll give her the notes before the midterm. A couple days before the test, she stopped replying to messages/phone calls completely. My friend found out from another person that she never intended to help. The girl just wanted to get ahead of the curve. Luckily someone I knew was in the same class so I was able to get my friend the notes.

What's the most vicious pre med you know like?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know any vicious premeds. I know a whole lot of whiny, neurotic premeds, but I joined SDN before I had finished my first semester in college, so I don't think I'm in a position to judge them.

Reactions: 2 users
Heard of someone who would make study groups and provide wrong information just to confuse students

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A pre-Med once took my lunch money.. vicious lad he was

Reactions: 17 users
He's a member on SDN. Always sarcastic like Ron Swanson. Is never serious. Doesn't read first posts ever and just replys to thread title. Steps on peoples toes that don't have an ounce of a sense of humor. Doesn't understand how a medical school accepted him. Just a general pain in the arse all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users

This happened to my friend once: My friend had to constantly miss class for a very important personal reason and this girl told her that she'll give her the notes before the midterm. A couple days before the test, she stopped replying to messages/phone calls completely. My friend found out from another person that she never intended to help. The girl just wanted to get ahead of the curve. Luckily someone I knew was in the same class so I was able to get my friend the notes.

I was doing a biology lab and was taking a test when I was offered some 'notes'... Burned them right there (they were small and a burner was right there)! No cheater passes me a note.... turns out it was a teacher STING raid... She wanted to see who would look at 'notes' that were passed. She was crazy... cool but crazy. (Sure, not a pre-med but man that was crazy for a teacher with pre-meds... right?) But yeah not as crazy as the want to be pastor cheating or the other want-to-be premed failing the basic biology course... right?

Reactions: 1 user
A girl I know let someone who was also pre-med proofread her personal statement on her laptop and that person added a bunch of periods to it in awkward places.

My sophomore year of undergrad, a group of students took the Orgo 1 exams from the previous year and filled them out with a fake answer key, with all work shown, but shown with easy to make errors. Then they distributed it as extra study materials for people in the class. Managed to drop the mean the following test by several points.

Reactions: 16 users
My sophomore year of undergrad, a group of students took the Orgo 1 exams from the previous year and filled them out with a fake answer key, with all work shown, but shown with easy to make errors. Then they distributed it as extra study materials for people in the class. Managed to drop the mean the following test by several points.
Thats impressively mischevious. I am scared to ask if any of them now find themselves in medical/professional school, or seeing patients?

Wow...

I was tutoring this girl in Orgo and after a couple of sessions she tell me that if she still fails after this, she would "cut" me. Then I responded what would she do if she Passed? Her response is not appropriate for these forums.
At the end of the day I was a happy camper ;)

Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was tutoring this girl in Orgo and after a couple of sessions she tell me that if she still fails after this, she would "cut" me. Then I responded what would she do if she Passed? Her response is not appropriate for these forums.

So I guess it was either sucking at OChem or sucking at something else ;)

Reactions: 10 users
It's me. The rest gave up and are taking GREs.

Reactions: 5 users
Ive studied with some happy campers :)

Vicious indeed

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Thats impressively mischevious. I am scared to ask if any of them now find themselves in medical/professional school, or seeing patients?
I just fart during curved exams and it has the same end-result. You have to time what you eat, and eat something with lots of beans and meat a few hours beforehand. Drops the mean by 10 points within a 20 foot radius.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
this hot girl in my gen chem class always wore sexy clothes and did her hair/makeup so all the guys would have a harder time paying attention to the material

she was the professor

Reactions: 16 users

There are two things in this world:

1. Things that have happened
2. OP's story

Yikes... These stories are crazy. I will never understand why you would want to intentionally mess someone up when this process alone is hard enough to deal with. There's not even any real "competition" against others, only yourself.

But my university also doesn't curve grades, so there REALLY is no competition.

I always hear these nightmare stories about premed students but I've literally never met anybody who resembles any of these characteristics. Maybe my college just wasn't super competitive.

I always hear these nightmare stories about premed students but I've literally never met anybody who resembles any of these characteristics. Maybe my college just wasn't super competitive.

Same here. At my college, the premeds were actually some of the kindest, most helpful people I met. Business majors on the other hand....there were definitely some that I actively avoided.

Reactions: 1 users
At my college, most of the premeds I have met are people I would trust as my doctor. I haven't really found any "vicious" ones so far... This college is fairly competitive academically, so I don't think that factors a huge deal into it.

To be fair, this college isn't a typical one for premeds, so my experiences are probably a bit skewed here.

I have a feeling that a lot of the gunner stories we hear are urban legends.
What about DO students? Are any of them gunners? ( I wonder if the "gunner" attitude leaves by the time people enter med school. Although, the DO crowd tends to be chill)

What the hell. Do people actually do this? And how did the students not know the answers were wrong ( surely someone realized it).
And that girl who tried to get ahead of the curve, what a bitch, honestly. Trying to "one up" someone in a vulnerable position.

What about DO students? Are any of them gunners? ( I wonder if the "gunner" attitude leaves by the time people enter med school. Although, the DO crowd tends to be chill)

What the hell. Do people actually do this? And how did the students not know the answers were wrong ( surely someone realized it).
And that girl who tried to get ahead of the curve, what a bitch, honestly. Trying to "one up" someone in a vulnerable position.

I don't think there's really a huge divide between DO students and MD students (both fall under that premed umbrella and want better grades). I guess DO being technically less competitive might change things, but I don't see a lot of people targeting DO or MD specifically when taking the hardest premed courses...

Can't really speak to the second part of your post because I haven't had that experience at my school at all, nor have any of my friends at other schools had any similar experiences...

When I was a member of an org, we hosted an event that was attended by a big-shot MD/PhD alumnus (who invented a major medical device that is used by many today and started a pharmaceutical company in our city). Said big-shot forgot his backpack, which I found after the event ended. I think, 'Ah, this could be an opportunity for me to meet Mr. Big-shot one-on-one outside of this event and maybe get some more advice from him.' Well, I guess the gunner pre-med president of our org was thinking the same thing because, after placing the backpack next to my own and turning around for half a minute to talk to someone else, gunner pre-med had swiped the backpack and declared to the board that he would be returning it to big-shot alumnus, alone. You could practically see his networking-boner.

Reactions: 8 users
A girl with lots of attempts on Pre Req. F's and D's and some W's ... However, still trying hard. Got A's in all pre-req and one B in Phys/Ana.. Reinvented herself completely!

Came here to say this ^
And now, after I read some of you guys' response, damn, they want to be a doctor????????????

LOL, I understood 'vicious' as in 'dead serious.' Not necessarily cruel. Rest in peace my CARS

When I was a member of an org, we hosted an event that was attended by a big-shot MD/PhD alumnus (who invented a major medical device that is used by many today and started a pharmaceutical company in our city). Said big-shot forgot his backpack, which I found after the event ended. I think, 'Ah, this could be an opportunity for me to meet Mr. Big-shot one-on-one outside of this event and maybe get some more advice from him.' Well, I guess the gunner pre-med president of our org was thinking the same thing because, after placing the backpack next to my own and turning around for half a minute to talk to someone else, gunner pre-med had swiped the backpack and declared to the board that he would be returning it to big-shot alumnus, alone. You could practically see his networking-boner.

This is actually something I could see someone from my school doing. Networking is stressed really heavily where I go (possibly because of the fact that it's geared more towards industry, where that matters more).

A girl with lots of attempts on Pre Req. F's and D's and some W's ... However, still trying hard. Got A's in all pre-req and one B in Phys/Ana.. Reinvented herself completely!

Came here to say this ^
And now, after I read some of you guys' response, damn, they want to be a doctor????????????

I mean, I applaud her for trying, but Fs and Ds... that must really, really hurt their GPA. They might be able to get in if they can do a postbacc program for a while, maybe? If she had some other circumstances in those earlier attempts (which I would see as more likely, considering she's doing really well now), she might be able to explain it in her secondaries!

I mean, I applaud her for trying, but Fs and Ds... that must really, really hurt their GPA. They might be able to get in if they can do a postbacc program for a while, maybe? If she had some other circumstances in those earlier attempts (which I would see as more likely, considering she's doing really well now), she might be able to explain it in her secondaries!
She's doing her post-bacc here at CC (where I'm at). Retook the ones she got D's and F's on. Since it was long time ago, I think she retook all pre-reqs.
Got A's in them. She said herself that GPA isn't much improving (she has one course that she got multiple attempts on- I think one W, D and F..)
She started in 2015, in these 2 years, she's much improved and she reinvented herself through DIY postbacc. She initially started at 4 year uni (Cal State), but came to CC for a fin-aid/financial reasons.
Now that she's done with pre-reqs, she's looking into Masters for Biology. She mentioned Biotech too. But I'm pretty sure she's going for Biology.

Last edited:
She's doing her post-bacc here at CC (where I'm at). Retook the ones she got D's and F's on. Since it was long time ago, I think she retook all pre-reqs.
Got A's in them. She said herself that GPA isn't much improving (she has one course that she got multiple attempts on- I think one W, D and F..)
She started in 2015, in these 2 year, she much improved and reinvented herself through DIY postbacc. She initially started at 4 year uni (Cal State), but came to CC for a fin-aid/financial reasons.

I'm only a first year, so I'm probably not the best qualified to speak on this because I've just lurked for a while. However, I think that this is a really good plus for her and shows that she really has a commitment to medicine. If she can secure a secondary and/or interview, I think she could definitely speak about her complete and total improvement (as well as commitment) and get into a good medical school (DO or MD).

She might not be able to go to a top-five school, but she can definitely still practice medicine if she's committed enough to it (and it looks like she is, by her improvement).

Same here. At my college, the premeds were actually some of the kindest, most helpful people I met. Business majors on the other hand....there were definitely some that I actively avoided.
I thought your college only offered econ for undergrads?

This fella I knew since freshman year would send out incorrect study guides to the class before the midterm. People thought he was super kindhearted and a team player, until they realized they were riddled with mistakes. He never got in trouble for it either, he was an angel with all the professors during office hours. I think my favorite tip from him was from biochemistry:

"Tertiary structure - ENTIRELY based on hydrogen-bonding, alpha helices and beta pleated sheets*Note the professor made an error on the slides during lecture"

Another psycho-premed I knew was this ultra gunner. She was completing a postbacc and admitted (after she got into medical school) she was out to harm others. Before one of my organic chemistry midterms, she was BEGGING me to put the following as an answer:
"Alcohol Functional Group = COOH"
I mean, BEGGING. Outside of the midterm room (mind you, around 1000 kids were waiting outside) she found me and kept telling me how alcohol groups have the c double bond o and oh functional group and was hysterical and *actually* started crying telling me to put that as my answer.

Some folks are just downright weird.

Also, not sure if this counts, during one of my interviews, there was this oddball who walked around the room asking every interviewing student (he was also interviewing) their MCAT and GPA and WRITING THEM DOWN ON A NOTEPAD. It was, quite possibly, the funniest thing I had ever since.

At my undergrad, I heard of people throwing the curve on their gross anatomy exams. The professor set up his lab exams by placing long push-pins (with numbers on them) into the cadaver's muscles and organs, and the students had to write down what the organ/muscle was, so some people removed the pins, and placed them into a nearby organ/muscle so that other students would identify the wrong structure.

Damn, this thread is effin scary.
Dafuq??? Why would anyone do this?? Why?

I'm only a first year, so I'm probably not the best qualified to speak on this because I've just lurked for a while. However, I think that this is a really good plus for her and shows that she really has a commitment to medicine. If she can secure a secondary and/or interview, I think she could definitely speak about her complete and total improvement (as well as commitment) and get into a good medical school (DO or MD).

She might not be able to go to a top-five school, but she can definitely still practice medicine if she's committed enough to it (and it looks like she is, by her improvement).
Yeah, that is totally true. Medical schools ( MD and DO), more often than not, salivate at reinvention. A lot of MD and DO schools will take people with overall GPA's waaayy below the median, b/c of reinvention.

I mean, BEGGING. Outside of the midterm room (mind you, around 1000 kids were waiting outside) she found me and kept telling me how alcohol groups have the c double bond o and oh functional group and was hysterical and *actually* started crying telling me to put that as my answer.

Also, not sure if this counts, during one of my interviews, there was this oddball who walked around the room asking every interviewing student (he was also interviewing) their MCAT and GPA and WRITING THEM DOWN ON A NOTEPAD. It was, quite possibly, the funniest thing I had ever since.
The more I see your posts,the more I feel like your school is nuts.
The girl was probably having an emotional breakdown. I can totally sympathize with being a wreck before orgo exams....
That second one is just hilarious :laugh:
You should have said " 4.0 ( or a 3.9 to seem imperfect) and 526" just to stress him out.

Last edited:
I thought your college only offered econ for undergrads?

Haha yeah, technically it's a concentration in econ, and most people go into either finance/big business or tech/startups. It's really only the big business people who are often intense/aggressively network-y, so I try not to lump them in with the others.

This fella I knew since freshman year would send out incorrect study guides to the class before the midterm. People thought he was super kindhearted and a team player, until they realized they were riddled with mistakes. He never got in trouble for it either, he was an angel with all the professors during office hours. I think my favorite tip from him was from biochemistry:

"Tertiary structure - ENTIRELY based on hydrogen-bonding, alpha helices and beta pleated sheets*Note the professor made an error on the slides during lecture"

Another psycho-premed I knew was this ultra gunner. She was completing a postbacc and admitted (after she got into medical school) she was out to harm others. Before one of my organic chemistry midterms, she was BEGGING me to put the following as an answer:
"Alcohol Functional Group = COOH"

Bolded part is absolutely terrifying. I second-guess myself, and being forced to actually think about whether I was right or wrong on such a basic concept might actually throw me off enough to lower my score on the whole thing.

Your last story does honestly sound like something I could have seen myself doing a few years ago, though I'd more than likely do it on the internet... (see: SDN, haha).

Yeah, that is totally true. Medical schools ( MD and DO), more often than not, salivate at reinvention. A lot of MD and DO schools will take people with overall GPA's waaayy below the median, b/c of reinvention.
She's around sub 3.0 due to her previous attempts, but her recent GPA is around >3.8-ish? I think?

At my undergrad, I heard of people throwing the curve on their gross anatomy exams. The professor set up his lab exams by placing long push-pins (with numbers on them) into the cadaver's muscles and organs, and the students had to write down what the organ/muscle was, so some people removed the pins, and placed them into a nearby organ/muscle so that other students would identify the wrong structure.
Large state school in the midwest? I have heard the same myself.

Large state school in the midwest? I have heard the same myself.

I'm really curious as to what school this is because one of my friends is going to a large state school in the midwest and she has told me of similar things happening.

have a friend who was assigned the rest station (sitting and doing nothing) as the first station of their MMI. another interviewee said to them in the hallway "oh wow it must be really stressful that you wont have a chance for a real break once your stations start" among other things to get in my friend's head.

Overall, I would say though that I've actually had mostly positive interactions with the pre meds that I have known.
Me too! Never heard of any stories like this thread here.

Not sure if I know any vicious pre meds, but I know some annoying ones lol. This one girl posts on Facebook about 5 times for every single award and research activity she completes. She refers to herself as "future MD/PhD." Overall, I would say though that I've actually had mostly positive interactions with the pre meds that I have known.
Same. If i see a hashtag anything medicine related, I delete that person online as well as real life. Ain't nobody got time for that nonsense.