What time does the Hopkins interview day END?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shemarty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is kind of a bizarre hypothetical situation...

I'm interviewing at Baylor on some Friday - I don't know which Friday yet, because I have to reschedule it. I have a conflict w/ the date they gave me.

I think Hopkins interviews on Thursdays and Fridays, from what I saw on last year's threads. Hopkins hasn't started inviting yet, but I'm just trying to plan out a hypothetical schedule...

If I'm fortunate enough to receive a Hopkins interview sometime in the next few weeks, I was hoping I might be able to schedule Hopkins on a Thursday and Baylor the following Friday.

Luckily, Baylor's interview day begins at 11am on Friday, so I can sleep off the jetlag. If Hopkins' interview day ends in the mid-afternoon, then I could conceivably catch the 5:45 flight from Baltimore to Houston, arrive at 8pm, sleep off the exhaustion, and wake up in time for Baylor the next day.

So, the question is, what time does the Hopkins interview day end?

This is just hypothetical. Please don't leave mean replies about how I'm not going to get a Hopkins interview in the first place, or how I'm too neurotic for trying to plan something that doesn't exist yet, etc. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Shemarty, I love ya, but I think this one is a little over the top, even for you. FYI, every interview day that I've heard of ends in the early afternoon. Catching a 5:45 flight should be no problem. Just the fact that you know there's a Thursday/Friday 5:45 flight out of Baltimore is...well, maybe too much. I understand that you like to be organized, but damn, girl, pop a xanax or 60 and chill out a little.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I saw the title of the thread, I thought Hopkins started giving out interviews..and well I had a mini panic attack. Nice to know I'm not the only neurotic one..

Haha, I just decided to search the flights to see what the prices/times would be, just in case. It took me all of 5 minutes, no big deal :)

Baylor= $300
Hopkins = $300
Baylor+Hopkins = $415 :eek:
Come on, it'd totally be worth it to schedule them back to back!

I only ask because Baylor's interview day ends at 7pm!! :confused: So, just in case Hopkins also goes late into the afternoon...well I suppose it doesn't change anything at all, but I just wanted to know :)

My neuroticism and hyper-planning got me airfare for Mich, Vandy and UCSD for $402, so I'm happy :D

I think interview day ends around 4:45p.m. or so. If I remember clearly, it usually starts at 10 or 11a.m. You get two interviews, a tour, a mandatory hang-out with fourth years - very low key I must say.

Depending on when your interview is scheduled, you might be able to leave before 4:45 or so, but I would give myself more than one hour to get to the airport around rush hour though in Bmore.

lol how're you worrying about this now? We're talking about Hopkins here!

Get that interview first... otherwise just chill!
And even if you do get the invite, what are the chances that you'll get a date close to your Baylor interview date. Relaxxx

lol how're you worrying about this now? We're talking about Hopkins here!

Get that interview first... otherwise just chill!
And even if you do get the invite, what are the chances that you'll get a date close to your Baylor interview date. Relaxxx

The point is that I'm rescheduling my Baylor interview date, so I have some control over this. *If* I'm lucky enough to be in the first batch of Hopkins invites, then I could *theoretically* schedule them back to back sometime in early October.

What are the chances I could schedule Michigan, Vanderbilt, and UCSD the way I did? I told you, this was all hypothetical. I'm just trying to think about all my possibilities.

This is kind of a bizarre hypothetical situation...

So, the question is, what time does the Hopkins interview day end?

i got my interview invite yesterday. the day ends at 5.00pm.

This is just hypothetical. Please don't leave mean replies about how I'm not going to get a Hopkins interview in the first place, or how I'm too neurotic for trying to plan something that doesn't exist yet,
etc. :rolleyes:

ur dum + wont get in :smuggrin:

Real post: Call Hopkins and ask?

It's probably best to consider the possibilities as they actually become possible, ya know? ;) I stand by my xanax comment.

I'm sorry I can't go back in time and delete this thread. I have my answer, "5:00pm", that's all I wanted to know.

Thanks guys :)