what time does u iowa interview day end?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucjffj

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone know? i need to buy tickets today, but couldn't find this info in letter or website.

Members don't see this ad.

ucjffj said:
anyone know? i need to buy tickets today, but couldn't find this info in letter or website.

when i scheduled my interview there, the admis lady told me the interview day lasted from 9a.m. to 1:15p.m.

works well if you need to catch a flight out of there on the same day

It depends when your interview is scheduled. The day starts at 11:00 with greetings, financial aid talks, lunch and a tour, but then you sit in a room to wait for your interview. You can be called anywhere from 1:00 to 3:00. The interview is 25 minutes, but then you speak with a lady from admissions to evaluate the whole process. At the latest you will be out of there at 3:45, at the earliest, 1:45.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven711 said:
It depends when your interview is scheduled. The day starts at 11:00 with greetings, financial aid talks, lunch and a tour, but then you sit in a room to wait for your interview. You can be called anywhere from 1:00 to 3:00. The interview is 25 minutes, but then you speak with a lady from admissions to evaluate the whole process. At the latest you will be out of there at 3:45, at the earliest, 1:45.

do you know this from when you interviewed there?

my confimation letter stated the day begins at 9:00 w/ my interview time at 10:30. i would imagine only the latter time is the one that will vary for everyone.

oh well :p

haha...

i guess u did interview there--jst saw ur post title

maybe my times r diff since my date is on a friday

Yeah, some interviews days are morning, and some are afternoon. The morning one ends at about 1:30 or so, if you don't have additional questions to ask the adcom lady after the day is officially done.

Anybody who has interviewed, what are the best things about Iowa? I have an interview there in Nov.

Are you guys that have interviews from Iowa or are you out of state?

Out of state here

Are you asking the best things about the state in general, or the medical school? Med school: communities program (1/4 of each class divided into one of 4 communities to build relationships b/w upper and lower classmen); Mobile Clinic Bus; huge teaching hospital; nice students, etc; new building for med students that is partially done (should be complete by 2006 or so);

state of iowa: an all around nice place to live with 4 seasons, great people, and iowa city is pretty nice, too - if you can stand a bunch of undergrads roaming the downtown.

***Hey for those of you interviewing, be prepared to PAY for PARKING if you park in the Newton Road ramp. In years past they have validated parking - but not anymore! 5 hours or more costs $8, 6+ is $10, etc etc etc. Maybe they say this in your interview invite letter, but if they did, I missed that part. ***

captain said:
Are you guys that have interviews from Iowa or are you out of state?

I'm from out of state, but at my interview everyone except one other girl was in state. They consider in vs. out in separate pools.