What time of day have you gotten invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

microgal

NYC's Finest
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious but what time of day have most of you received you invite emails. I always figure if its not there in the morning when I go to work its not coming that day, but then I got my Emory invite on a Saterday afternoon so I'm all thrown off and checking my email constantly again. Anyone have a general trend they want to share?

Members don't see this ad.

Just curious but what time of day have most of you received you invite emails. I always figure if its not there in the morning when I go to work its not coming that day, but then I got my Emory invite on a Saterday afternoon so I'm all thrown off and checking my email constantly again. Anyone have a general trend they want to share?

1 in the early AM (9:30), and 2 late in the business day (4:45).

doubt there is much of a trend though. perhaps a slight bias toward the end of the day when they can send them all out at once.

2 in the afternoon ~345. 2 around lunch time.

Members don't see this ad :)
8:00 Am, 8:30 Am, 9:00am, 11:30am

Most of mine have come around lunch time.

Are you east coasters or west coasters.....?

Are you east coasters or west coasters.....?

West coast - and all of those schools are East coast - so yeah make it:

10:00am, 11:30am, 12:00pm, 2:30pm

Ha Ha Thanks guys! Now maybe I can close my email during the day and get some work done. Seems like there isn't much rhyme or reason to when they get sent out!

all late afternoon except for case which invited me at about 10pm on an sunday.

i've noticed no trend at all. some have sent in the morning (10am central time) others in the late afternoon (3pm) and then utsw sent theirs saturday afternoon. (even the adcom there is hard working!)
so yeah, i've become a compulsive e-mail checker. but the excitement of getting even one interview seems to make up for all the days and weeks of disappointment.
good luck!