What to bring on interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wes c. adle

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
As we will all be starting to hit the interview trail soon, I thought it would be helpful to ask what we should be bringing on interviews. A copy of our CV? Personal statements? An updated transcript? Any one have any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm bringing a copy of everything I have a copy of so I can know as much as possible what they're looking at when they ask me a question (i.e., dean's letter, eras version of my cv, personal statement). I'm not bothering with an updated transcript because I figure that's one thing they might not want more of unless you did an AI or something that wasn't on the version they sent and you just want them to know your new grades, though I know of very few courses (more than a medicine AI or an AI away) that they'd really care to know about.

BlahtoThis said:
I'm bringing a copy of everything I have a copy of so I can know as much as possible what they're looking at when they ask me a question (i.e., dean's letter, eras version of my cv, personal statement). I'm not bothering with an updated transcript because I figure that's one thing they might not want more of unless you did an AI or something that wasn't on the version they sent and you just want them to know your new grades, though I know of very few courses (more than a medicine AI or an AI away) that they'd really care to know about.

hmmmm.... updated transcript. hadn't even thought of that for some reason.

medicine AI? = subI ?

Zolpidem25 said:
hmmmm.... updated transcript. hadn't even thought of that for some reason.

medicine AI? = subI ?

Yep, AI/subI same difference. I know my school lets you have a copy of your transcript if you request it. They also have "unofficial" ones you can view online and print out, though it would probably seem kinda cheap to bring that in.

I'm not bringing one but it's a thought.

How about free portable DVD players for the program director and your interviewer? I bet that might go over well.