What to bring on MCAT day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

globy321

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I was just wondering what should I bring on the MCAT day? Photo ID, lunch..What else do I need to bring?

Members don't see this ad.

not lunch. light snack, gatorade. some flashcards or notes. back-up id. extra sweater in case it's cold.

you're going to wolf down a sub in 10 minutes or less? you never get sleepy after a meal from the blood rushing to your gut?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would not bring an entire lunch because you will have to rush to eat the entire thing (unless you eat it across multiple breaks). Plus you would have to worry about indigestion and a post-lunch crash.

I brought a hoodie and energy drink.

not lunch. light snack, gatorade. some flashcards or notes. back-up id. extra sweater in case it's cold.

I thought you cant bring out any notes during breaks anyways? unless you meant just like before your test in your car or something

I took tiny sandwiches, not too large to make me sleepy but enough to keep the hunger away and my brain functioning... i took a lot of coffee... You will need some kind of energy booster before the bio section because by then your brain just wants to shut off!!! i hate how bio is the last section!! also take earplugs, you never know how good the earplugs they provide are going to be... they allow you to take cordless foam earplugs in...

good luck!

I thought you cant bring out any notes during breaks anyways? unless you meant just like before your test in your car or something
just to warm up while you wait before the exam

I took tiny sandwiches, not too large to make me sleepy but enough to keep the hunger away and my brain functioning... i took a lot of coffee... You will need some kind of energy booster before the bio section because by then your brain just wants to shut off!!! i hate how bio is the last section!! also take earplugs, you never know how good the earplugs they provide are going to be... they allow you to take cordless foam earplugs in...

good luck!
technically they shouldn't let you, although many places are lenient.

coffee depends on the person. if you're not a coffee person, a little chocolate or some skittles or something would do cuz after 4 hours, a little sugar can help

overall though, these things are just minor compared to the preparation Psychologically and studying you have done prior to the test. whether you exercise, or what specifically you eat shouldn't really affect your score