May 6, 2009
Status
Hi. I was just wondering what should I bring on the MCAT day? Photo ID, lunch..What else do I need to bring?

RogueUnicorn

rawr.
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
not lunch. light snack, gatorade. some flashcards or notes. back-up id. extra sweater in case it's cold.

RogueUnicorn

rawr.
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
you're going to wolf down a sub in 10 minutes or less? you never get sleepy after a meal from the blood rushing to your gut?

Everglide

EM PGY3
10+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I would not bring an entire lunch because you will have to rush to eat the entire thing (unless you eat it across multiple breaks). Plus you would have to worry about indigestion and a post-lunch crash.

I brought a hoodie and energy drink.

RogueUnicorn

rawr.
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
do you exercise before your practice tests?

bigballer27

That's what she said
Nov 2, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
not lunch. light snack, gatorade. some flashcards or notes. back-up id. extra sweater in case it's cold.
I thought you cant bring out any notes during breaks anyways? unless you meant just like before your test in your car or something

DrSmday

7+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2010
Cali
Status
Pre-Medical
I took tiny sandwiches, not too large to make me sleepy but enough to keep the hunger away and my brain functioning... i took a lot of coffee... You will need some kind of energy booster before the bio section because by then your brain just wants to shut off!!! i hate how bio is the last section!! also take earplugs, you never know how good the earplugs they provide are going to be... they allow you to take cordless foam earplugs in...

good luck!

RogueUnicorn

rawr.
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I thought you cant bring out any notes during breaks anyways? unless you meant just like before your test in your car or something
just to warm up while you wait before the exam

I took tiny sandwiches, not too large to make me sleepy but enough to keep the hunger away and my brain functioning... i took a lot of coffee... You will need some kind of energy booster before the bio section because by then your brain just wants to shut off!!! i hate how bio is the last section!! also take earplugs, you never know how good the earplugs they provide are going to be... they allow you to take cordless foam earplugs in...

good luck!
technically they shouldn't let you, although many places are lenient.

bigballer27

That's what she said
Nov 2, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
coffee depends on the person. if you're not a coffee person, a little chocolate or some skittles or something would do cuz after 4 hours, a little sugar can help

overall though, these things are just minor compared to the preparation Psychologically and studying you have done prior to the test. whether you exercise, or what specifically you eat shouldn't really affect your score