What to bring to an interview to Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dknykid1980

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there

I've got an invterview this Tuesday. I'm just trying to think of things that I should bring to an interview (by the way it's at Howard).

So far I will bring a copy of my personal statement, an updated sheet indicating my new activities, and probably a black folder in which to keep all this stuff in.

Any other suggestions? I know that one should write thank you cards after the inteview.

Ok well thanks for replying! :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

I wrote specific questions to ask the interviewer on a sheet of paper, and I asked permission to refer to it when I was invariably asked, "Do you have any questions for me?"

Members don't see this ad :)
a mug-shot of yourself and a muffin for the interviewer.

Bring a smile and some interest in the school. Look sharp. The rest is fluff. Good luck, playboy. --Trek

I would bring copies of all my materials for the application packet, particularly the secondary app. You'll have another post-interview questionnaire to fill out, so prepare yourself mentally for it. From what I remember it asked questions about your background, EC's, motivation for a career in medicine and how this all relates to helping the underserved -- which is Howard's main area of focus. Also, be sure to get your interviewer's name and/or business card. They will probably be able to give you the most informative details about your status once you're under review by the adcom. Good Luck!

as always SDN rocks.

thanks people for the info!

Band-aids, Kleenex. Breath mints, Umbrella. Information on the school -- I carried the MSAR pages on each school to the interview to review beforehand. A copy of your primary and secondary apps. An answer to the question "Why do you want to go to this school?" A smile. Self-confidence. Best of luck!!! :)

hahha KNEE PADS

that was hilarious!! LOL

keep it coming guys

a discman...and some bob marley Cds