What to bring to an interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anjlprincezz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know someone posted a long list of what to bring to an interview, but unfortunately i didn't save it. Do you guys mind helping me out, What should i bring to an interview?

Watch
Business Attire
Padfolio
Resume
AMCAS (essay and experiences)
School's Secondary
Book
Wallet
Keys
Photo
Paper and pen for notes

:scared:

Thanks all! :)

Members don't see this ad.

altoids
umbrella
list of questions commonly asked by the school (care of SDN interview feedback)

I think it really depends on the school that you are going to. I brought pretty much nothing to all of my interviews. I am a girl, but I don't carry a purse, so I really didn't have anywhere to put anything! I just put mints, my car key, a pen, and my ID and debit card in my jacket pocket. The school gives you a folder with paper in it, and I haven't had any schools that asked me to bring a photo or secondary or my AMCAS. I guess some schools tell you to bring that stuff, though. Also, no one ever asked me for a resume; I don't think you need to bring one unless the school tells you to do so.

Some people at my interviews had padfolios, but I don't think I ever saw any of them even open them. Most of the girls had purses, so you can bring a lot of stuff and not look out of place. You should bring whatever you need to make yourself feel comfortable, but I wouldn't go overboard because you probably have to carry everything around to all your interviews, and you don't want to be lugging tons of crap around, you know?

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't forget to bring an extra pair of nylons just in case...and I always brought a Snickers...never know when you're going to be hungry! If you wear makeup, bring some in your purse to touch up...don't want to have eyemakeup smear and distract your interviewer. :p Good luck!

floss or a toothpick is not a bad idea, esp. if the interview is after the lunch.

visine, if you have red-eye issues.

lol what are you trying to imply with the red-eye issue? something to relax before the interviews???

In addition to your AMCAS, bring your secondaries and copies of any publications you may have. You'll want to look over your application the night before your interview just in case you are asked any clarifying questions. On some rare occasions, an interviewer might ask you about any publications (if you mention them on your AMCAS). In my case, I brought aerogels that I had been creating in the lab to give to my interviewers whenever they ask, "What's an aerogel?"

I've brought snacks like a quick nutrigrain bar (never know if they're going to make you wait an hour or so for an interview).