What to bring to interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Corali

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do we need to bring a resume/portfolio or copies of our app to interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Do we need to bring a resume/portfolio or copies of our app to interviews?
Bring yourself and a swiggity swooty suit. Nothing more needed. They will give you a folder with all the school information, a file for notes, all that jazz.

Right place, right time, right uniform, right attitude = success

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
bring 2 resumes, one for the interviewer and one for yourself so that in your moments of panic you can look down and remind yourself how many hours of clinical volunteering you've done

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Haha okay, I’d heard of a few people bringing this stuff to interviews and didn’t bring any of it out to Cali with me, just wanted to make sure :)

I brought nothing. everyone else seemed to bring some sort of portfolio and notepad. Not really sure what they used it for, but I didnt feel the need to jot anything down. Took notes on my phone on the train home to remember what i liked about the school.

Reactions: 1 users
So....photocopy my passport onto the back of my CV?
Sew a photocopy of it into the lining of your suit so it looks like you're selling black market watches every time they ask for ID

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Sew a photocopy of it into the lining of your suit so it looks like you're selling black market watches every time they ask for ID

@calipremed5768 said on a different thread

“dont forget about the briefcase full of 100s” :laugh:
Where has he gone?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
I always brought a copy of my AMCAS and secondary and some notes/info about the school that I thought was interesting or wanted to ask about or would use to support my argument for why I wanted to go there. I didn't actually bring these into rooms with me, just brought them along on the trip to read that morning and refresh my memory. For residency, I brought a list of questions I wanted to ask but I can't remember if I did that for med school.

I liked to bring my own notepad to write down my thoughts so that they were all in the same place, but as a post above states, they almost universally provide folder and pens.

Has anyone seen or checked on Cali? Is he ok...?
I'm sure he's fine. He has like 12 IIs...he's probably busy. Am I the only one that is less stressed without his posts asking if a 518 is good enough??