What to do about organic chemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ajk1897

Reaction score
I took organic chemistry I last semester and got a C in the course. I am aware of what has been said repeatedly on this forum about repeating classes and I do not plan to. I am registered for the 2 credit lab that is it's own course. My organic chemistry II professor is known to be terrible. Would it look bad to stay in the lab course and took the lecture another semester at a different school? I am graduating in May. My science GPA is around a 3.3 so I am not sure if I should just stick with it.

Members don't see this ad.

You could work through the Khan academy ochem II material before you start your school's ochem II course to get a head start. I did this and found it very helpful; the khan academy people do a really good job of explaining things.

I took organic chemistry I last semester and got a C in the course. I am aware of what has been said repeatedly on this forum about repeating classes and I do not plan to. I am registered for the 2 credit lab that is it's own course. My organic chemistry II professor is known to be terrible. Would it look bad to stay in the lab course and took the lecture another semester at a different school? I am graduating in May. My science GPA is around a 3.3 so I am not sure if I should just stick with it.
Are you planning on doing post bacc work anyway to boost your GPA? If so, it probably wouldn't be a terrible idea to skip the crappy professor and include orgo 2 in your post bacc. Otherwise, it will look like what it is, and that won't be a good look! JMHO.

Members don't see this ad :)
Even if I aced the science courses I am planning to take I would still be around a 3.3 because of the number of credits I have already completed. I started at community college. I am thinking at this point a post bacc is definitely in my future.

Reactions: 1 user
Even if I aced the science courses I am planning to take I would still be around a 3.3 because of the number of credits I have already completed. I started at community college. I am thinking at this point a post bacc is definitely in my future.
In that case, there really is no reason to go looking for trouble with a terrible orgo 2 professor! :cool: You'll be taking plenty of upper level science classes in the post bacc. No reason orgo 2 shouldn't be one of them. Good luck!!!

I've seen plenty of my pre-med friends who took only lab courses and went to take the lectures later, specifically for bio and orgo.