What to do after acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mossjoh

Mayo Clinic-PGY2
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just need some advice:
I've been accepted into two medical schools and I'm wondering what I need to do now besides fill out financial aid forms. I will fill out FAFSA after I get my W2 forms, and one medical school has its own form online also.
Wayne St. also asks you to complete the Federal Family Educational Stafford Subsidized and Unsubsidized Load Application.
I'm confused about this. I already have some loans from my undergrad institution, what is this application about?

Anyway, anyone who has been there, let me know.

Mossjoh

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your acceptance. I believe you have to fill out new loan paperwork, as your lender will change and because you are starting graduate school.

Other than that, relax. You may want to start thinking about what type of physician you may want to become...those that are would-be ENTs, Orthopedists, Opthalmologists, etc may be a better residency applicant if they start getting involved (doing research, networking) early in their first year. Of course, I'm second year now and still am not sure...good luck!