What to do during winter break (4th year acceptances)

transfec

Class of 2015
5+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2010
Status
Medical Student
For those 4th years accepted to med school, what are you up to this winter break?

OP
transfec

transfec

Class of 2015
5+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Nov 25, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
For those 4th years accepted to med school, what are you up to this winter break?
My winter break schedule:

- Finish reading Gawande's 3 books + intern + god of house + how doctors think
- Work in a c. elegans research lab
- Volunteer at a food pantry/soup kitchen
- Daily gym workout
- Kick ass at my interviews!!

What about yours trans?

OP
transfec

transfec

Class of 2015
5+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2010
Status
Medical Student
My winter break schedule:

- Finish reading Gawande's 3 books + intern + god of house + how doctors think
- Work in a c. elegans research lab
- Volunteer at a food pantry/soup kitchen
- Daily gym workout
- Kick ass at my interviews!!

What about yours trans?
You've got a lot on your plate! Nice Gawande list! ;)

As for me, this is my first chance to RELAX in over two years. I definitely plan on catching up on some long-needed sleep.

However, I hope to tutor some kids for Ochem, and volunteering in the ER and a Deaf colony.

I want to actually enjoy Christmas for the first time in a long while. It's a breath of fresh air having this time off. :)

OP
transfec

transfec

Class of 2015
5+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2010
Status
Medical Student
The plan is two weeks, but most of the tours are booked up through Jan so I might have to go in Feb. Great time to go see aussies though!

Thanks :hungover: you done with the app cycle yet or still doin interviews/waiting on more schools?
That sounds like a blast! I hope you have fun.

I'm DONE with the app cycle (thank Christ). I've had my fair share of interviews. I was more than happy to get an early acceptance. However, at time likes this, you wonder what to do with yourself!!

OP
transfec

transfec

Class of 2015
5+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Gonna play some goddamn Pokemon and goddamn Starcraft 2 and prep for goddamn interviews.
Those damn interviews, right? Good luck to you!!

OP
transfec

transfec

Class of 2015
5+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Eat. Sleep. Lift. Drink. Beezies.

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®
"You know about Fuller; he wets the bed. He'll pee all over me."

Nice plan you've got there. ;)

TallScrubs

Coude Rockin' Everywhere
7+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
"You know about Fuller; he wets the bed. He'll pee all over me."

Nice plan you've got there. ;)
-Is that a fact? How much did he owe ya?

-Acey said 10 percent

-Too bad acey ain't in charge no more

-Whaddya mean?

-He's upstairs takin a bath. He'll call ya when he gets out. I'll tell you what I'm goona do for you Snakes. I'm goona give you to the count of ten to get your ugly, yella, no good keester off my property before I pump your guts full of led

-Ok Johnny, I'm goin...

-1, 2, 10 (you know the rest)

OP
transfec

transfec

Class of 2015
5+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2010
Status
Medical Student
-Is that a fact? How much did he owe ya?

-Acey said 10 percent

-Too bad acey ain't in charge no more

-Whaddya mean?

-He's upstairs takin a bath. He'll call ya when he gets out. I'll tell you what I'm goona do for you Snakes. I'm goona give you to the count of ten to get your ugly, yella, no good keester off my property before I pump your guts full of led

-Ok Johnny, I'm goin...

-1, 2, 10 (you know the rest)
:thumbup:

Nice Christmas flick.

StephBee

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2010
Status
Medical Student
I'm graduating so it's more like what am I going to do with the next 8 months of my life.

My dad and I are going to Vegas the week between xmas and new years for some much need bonding time (and to see a bunch of shows. Penn and Teller, here I come!)

Interview in Hawaii 2nd week of Jan.

Move across the country next week (that reminds me, I should really start packing...)

Hopefully more interviews will flow in. I loved my internship this summer but I'm not sure I would have done it had I know it would've stopped me from taking MCAT / Submitting sooner...:oops:

OP
transfec

transfec

Class of 2015
5+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2010
Status
Medical Student
I'm graduating so it's more like what am I going to do with the next 8 months of my life.

My dad and I are going to Vegas the week between xmas and new years for some much need bonding time (and to see a bunch of shows. Penn and Teller, here I come!)

Move across the country next week (that reminds me, I should really start packing...)

Hopefully more interviews will flow in. I loved my internship this summer but I'm not sure I would have done it had I know it would've stopped me from taking MCAT / Submitting sooner...:oops:
Impressive MDApp profile. I'm sure you'll be fine! Have fun

BF2BC EMT

5+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2010
?
Status
Medical Student

I will be in Vegas around that time too, nice. We can make our own wolf pack:thumbup: