What to do/expect next?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dayNight

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
i would call OCPM and other schools to see what the minimum MCAT is. To be honest, any school that would let you in with that combo of grades and MCAT is a complete joke. You can't fix your grades enough. You need to fix your MCAT. Getting a 17 is not a "minor" setback. I think it is a major roadblock. I believe most schools have a minimum requirement that can be found on the website or by calling them.

edit: after re-reading what you wrote, retake the MCAT and then worry about the next step. Immediately sign up for the january MCAT and study your ass off for the next few months. Get your scores back in Feb and re-evaluate. Check in the MCAT forum on SDN, it is somewhere under the allopathic stuff.

Last edited:
I would have to agree with 'air bud' on this one. With a GPA that low you really need to score higher on the MCAT. There needs to be some part of your app that shines. You can also try upgrading a bit too and see if you can raise your GPA a bit.

Good luck!