What to do from now until D-School 2018 (8 months until D-School)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MessiNeymar10

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there have been some threads about this before, but my question is mainly regarding what to do during the semester prior to entering D-School 2018-2019. I have one semester left with 4 classes and pretty much working just to pass and get my degree. I have gotten into school and dropped my deposit already, which is fantastic; but I was wondering if I should do anything to prep for school or anything I should consider. I'm definitely going to be having lots of fun as a second semester Senior in University, but I would rather perhaps do something that may help with D school. I already know my summer is going to be full of travels, so I wanted to see what people thought may be helpful. I know lots of people give the advice of "oh just enjoy your last years before you enter the gauntlet" but I also want to know of any way possible that I can somehow "prepare."

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

Go out partying until 3 am and go to all your morning classes. This will train your body for the recuduced sleeping time you'll experience in dental school except you won't have a hangover! Double bonus

Reactions: 13 users
I would learn Spanish if you're not already fluent.

Edit: The reason is because no matter which dental school you attend, you'll see a lot of Spanish-speaking patients during your D3-D4 year. Those who can speak Spanish will be able to see more patients, and it will also help you get a job anywhere after you graduate.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
EAT, sleep, rave, repeat

Reactions: 2 users
You got premier league, la liga, serie a, and of course CHAMPIONS LEAGUE..... and since you have Neymar as well, I'll throw in Ligue 1 :p

Workout 24/7 and get JACKED. That way you can swoon all of the Dental Assistants/Hygeinists ;) lol but seriously get your morning routine and health together- that way once you get into D school you’ll be used to waking up at 6am and firing off all cylinders by 8

I would learn Spanish if you're not already fluent.

Edit: The reason is because no matter which dental school you attend, you'll see a lot of Spanish-speaking patients during your D3-D4 year. Those who can speak Spanish will be able to see more patients, and it will also help you get a job anywhere after you graduate.
Psh, who wants to work for someone else the rest of their life? hell nah

Workout 24/7 and get JACKED. That way you can swoon all of the Dental Assistants/Hygeinists ;) lol but seriously get your morning routine and health together- that way once you get into D school you’ll be used to waking up at 6am and firing off all cylinders by 8

Everything after “serious”. This is KEY! If you can’t take care of yourself, it don’t matter how hard you work, Dental school will get you if you don’t eat and maintain health outside school.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the ideas!! I actually have been trying to workout everyday to get the ladies in d school ;) so I've been doing that already-- but not doing it on an early schedule... I have been staying up really late, so I really want to try to get that morning routine down- great advice!!! Also can't wait for el clásico on the 23rd!! Huge Barça fan (and hate Neymar now lolol) @I-hate-alginate. @Frychicken I am actually trying to pick up Spanish here and there, so also pretty awesome advice :)

Thanks guys!!! Any more life tips/advice, keep em coming-- these are great ideas! Cheers!

Reactions: 1 user
Psh, who wants to work for someone else the rest of their life? hell nah
In that case, I would encourage predents to learn Spanish in order to better serve the patient population.

Reactions: 1 user