What to do if you are going to retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IdahoDoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you have to call the schools and tell them and do you have to tell all the schools. I hear some schools as soon as they know your retaking they will put your file on hold. My problem is i think i could get into 2 or 3 of the schools i applied to with my current DAT scores but i would like to retake and try to improve my score to get into some "better schools". but in the event that i do the same i don't want to miss out on an interview because my app. was on hold. ..... So how do you notify the schools? call, e-mail...?

Members don't see this ad.

Dude, definitely know what you're dealing with. Unfortunately I don't know the answer. I had 17 PAT but ~21 on everything else, which I figured might be good enough for a lot of schools, but not for the schools I was interested in, so I retook. I took it the first time in February, submitted ADSAAS early June, and wasn't sure what to do about telling them I'm retaking it or not. Luckily I was able to retake by the beginning of August so I just told them I was taking it, but it was frustrating knowing that my application was probably on hold everywhere. I guess if I was in your shoes I would call the "better schools" and ask them. Good luck with whichever way you go, and if you retake, may you kick ass.