fearishmv

Dentalish
10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
7
0
PA
Status
I have not received information from all of the schools that I applied to but, I would like to have all the bases covered. Any advice on what one can do with the extra time between application cycles. I have already obtained double degrees in Neuroscience and Biology and a minor in English Literature. I am currently conducting independent neuroscience research that will be published at the end of the semester and will have the opportunity to work in a dental lab. But what to do after that....? Other ideas?!

fearishmv
 

Nendo21

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2004
271
0
Visit site
Status
fearishmv said:
I have not received information from all of the schools that I applied to but, I would like to have all the bases covered. Any advice on what one can do with the extra time between application cycles. I have already obtained double degrees in Neuroscience and Biology and a minor in English Literature. I am currently conducting independent neuroscience research that will be published at the end of the semester and will have the opportunity to work in a dental lab. But what to do after that....? Other ideas?!

fearishmv

damn you sound like a good candidate, hmm think of what you need to improve dat's, gpa, extracurriculars, community work? :confused:
 

delicious

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2004
635
0
39
Status
Yeah, you sound like a smartie! Did you apply late, or do you have a low GPA? What's the scoop? It's hard to give meaningful advice unless we know more about you.
 
OP
F

fearishmv

Dentalish
10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
7
0
PA
Status
I completed the application late July '04. My Science GPA is a 3.02, Literature GPA 3.68, Overall 3.52. My DAT scores are: AA 15, PA 17, QR 14, RC 22, BIO 16, GC 14, OC 16. I know that there are areas that need improvement, so I enrolled in a KAPLAN course that will conclude in April. The rest of my application included award winning sketches and I was class president of my college class 2 years in a row etc. The extracurricular and community service activities are there as well. I also worked in a dental lab for 4 months. What gives?! Any advice would be great. Thanks for the help!
 

DMD_hopeful

Registered lunatic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2004
348
2
Status
fearishmv said:
I completed the application late July '04. My Science GPA is a 3.02, Literature GPA 3.68, Overall 3.52. My DAT scores are: AA 15, PA 17, QR 14, RC 22, BIO 16, GC 14, OC 16. I know that there are areas that need improvement, so I enrolled in a KAPLAN course that will conclude in April. The rest of my application included award winning sketches and I was class president of my college class 2 years in a row etc. The extracurricular and community service activities are there as well. I also worked in a dental lab for 4 months. What gives?! Any advice would be great. Thanks for the help!
No offense, but it looks like you didn't study for the exam the first time around. The Kaplan review should help you out.

Retake the DAT (do well) and with your extracurriculars you're likely to be a highly desireable candidate.
 

dWiz

...ndn...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2004
413
0
Status
delicious said:
Yeah, you sound like a smartie! Did you apply late, or do you have a low GPA? What's the scoop? It's hard to give meaningful advice unless we know more about you.
Since when did stanford have a dental school
 
OP
F

fearishmv

Dentalish
10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
7
0
PA
Status
you're right on DMD hopeful. I really didn't study mouch outside of the PAT realm. I'm on it now. TO keep my bases covered, any recommend on what to do for students that do not get in this applicant cycle?
 

jdcinza13

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2003
296
0
Mesa, AZ
Visit site
Status
dWiz said:
Since when did stanford have a dental school
Maybe you should have read between the parentheses...
 

BeachLuvr

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2004
299
0
Houston, Texas
Status
Grief, you've got some super things going on with your app from what you said here :) Your major sounds like some tough stuff...you go with that!! Take a vacation :) Explore other interests...reapply, yeah...but it's a great chance to do all the things you might not get to do, or do as frequently, in Dschool