What to do in this situation? (IMPORTANT)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted421268

This is related to GPA, pre reqs. And mcat. This is cumulative for fresh year 3.35 and science 3.42. End of first semester very likely I'll have a 4.0 cumulative or close to that and 4.0 science. Bringing me to 3.45-3.52 cumulative and 3.55 science and hoping to keep getting it up and upward trend from here on out. Only problem is I withdrew from bio 1 and bio 1 lab freshman year twice and orgo this semester and very likely lab. I know I'm very capable of doing well in these classes just didn't put in time. This puts me behind in pre reqs for medical school admission and hurts in preparation for MCAT. Now I am in a position where I can take bio 1 and orgo 1 fall of 3rd year. If I withdraw than I am really doomed with getting pre reqs but if I do extremely well lecture and lab than awesome. Should I just do a post bacc than take MCAT than apply? Do post bacc, smp or masters, MCAT and apply? Or finish pre req now and take MCAT and apply? If I do post bacc route should I not take any science classes now till I graduate? If I am struggling now than that could be a predictor i at struggle post bacc with getting pre reqs in? What are post bacc classes like compared to undergraduate.

Members don't see this ad.

Do what you feel like you should do.

And stop spamming this forum.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Worry about getting good grades in your classes before you even start thinking about the MCAT or doing a postbac... what matters right now is that you improve your undergrad academic record. I am assuming you are a 2nd year currently (?), which means you still have a couple of years to improve your GPA and it is possible to do so, but you should prioritize figuring out why you struggled in those classes and what you can do to make sure it doesn't happen in the future. Maybe visit your school's tutoring/academic center for help.

Also... I am sure opinion on this will vary, but you really should watch the W's. From your post, I believe you already have 3 and possibly a 4th, which in my opinion is a lot. I really don't think you can afford another W. Again, I am sure others will have a different opinion than me, but W's really should be rare and used only for extenuating circumstances (family/personal/life problems out of your control, etc.), not just because you didn't put the time in that you needed to.

Good luck! :)

umm so if you can't take first year intro to biology at the same time as another science course....how do you plan on handling med school?
Just a question you should probably be asking yourself at this point

I agree with above. It gets wayyyyyyy harder in medical school.

I withdrew from bio because for some reason I found my grade slipping way below C and I didn't want it to hurt my GPA same with other time I took it again.

but W's really should be rare and used only for extenuating circumstances (family/personal/life problems out of your control, etc.), not just because you didn't put the time in that you needed to.

From another of his 5 threads.

Reactions: 1 user