What to do next?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gutierrez001

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,
I know everyone has been asking about what are their chance's. Well I just finished calculating my GPA and I just wanted to know what I should do next to improve my chances for next the application cycle. I have a Overall GPA of 3.00 on the dot and BCMP of 3.03. I was wondering if i should do a post-bacc or if I should do a master program since it would take to long to bring up my GPA. But i was wondering if its true that Adcom arent to impress with MS or they dont weight as much? THANKS...and sorry for being the 1097887987 person to ask the same question.:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

well judging by your username and your less-than-perfect english skills, I'd imagine you're hispanic non-native-english-speaking?

If so, see how you do on your MCAT and you might as well apply with that 3.00 and see where the cards fall.

the applicant pool for historically underrepresented minorities is much smaller than that for white people and asian people, so if you represent one of those minority groups (hispanic, african american, native american, etc) schools will be less likely to just toss your app out the window due to a 3.00

well judging by your username and your less-than-perfect english skills, I'd imagine you're hispanic non-native-english-speaking?

yikes!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)

Actually I am a native speaker, I was born in the US....:smuggrin: I just wrote the thread while working(i work in the ER), so i had to write the thread quick before my boss caught me slacking but I am Hispanic. Anyways, I haven't taken my MCAT and i think I am moving my date till JAN. , becuz i don't feel ready. Would I benefit more from applying to a formal post-bacc or MS program? I would do SMP but i don't really want to leave Florida and its to much money. THANKS

Actually I am a native speaker, I was born in the US....:smuggrin: I just wrote the thread while working(i work in the ER), so i had to write the thread quick before my boss caught me slacking but I am Hispanic. Anyways, I haven't taken my MCAT and i think I am moving my date till JAN. , becuz i don't feel ready. Would I benefit more from applying to a formal post-bacc or MS program? I would do SMP but i don't really want to leave Florida and its to much money. THANKS

LOL

are you kidding? Gutierrez?

If my last name was O'Malley would people hesitate to ask if I was Irish?

If my last name were McNulty would people hesitate to ask if I was Scottish

cheerio chap

definitely don't take the MCAT until you're ready, do it once do it right.

judging by the way things go on this board, the post-bacc route seems to be the most effective, especially considering a lot of them are linked to med schools in the first place.

regardless, pick whichever one interests you the most, so that you can do well. Remember that taking extra classes and doing poorly looks WORSE than not taking them at all.

but my crystal ball says get a 30 on your mcat and you'll be fine. go nuts, PC Police.

definitely don't take the MCAT until you're ready, do it once do it right.

judging by the way things go on this board, the post-bacc route seems to be the most effective, especially considering a lot of them are linked to med schools in the first place.

regardless, pick whichever one interests you the most, so that you can do well. Remember that taking extra classes and doing poorly looks WORSE than not taking them at all.

but my crystal ball says get a 30 on your mcat and you'll be fine. go nuts, PC Police.

THANKS...I think I'll do the post-bacc

check with aamc, but most schools wont accept jan08 scores for this cycle, so you could probably even push them back til april for extra study time.

check with aamc, but most schools wont accept jan08 scores for this cycle, so you could probably even push them back til april for extra study time.

Im not applying this cycle, it would be for next cycle.

i know a guy named mcnulty whos irish, not scottish.

just sayin.

i know a guy named mcnulty whos irish, not scottish.

just sayin.

ehhhhhhhh potato potato (tauto)...Irish Scottish...who's keeping track...

J/k My Scottish fam would not be too happy with me:p