What to do now? No chance at all?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KeepCalmPreDent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was wondering what should I do now..this has gotten me really depressed about life and my career. I just finished my 4th year in a UC and doing a 5th year next year, My gpa is around 2.64 now and i have one D in pre req bio already from my sophomore year but retook and got a B. I just recently received my grades and I got a D in a class i underestimated (Music class) and also I had already fulfilled all my GE classes (I just took this music class for fun) and it wouldnt count towards anything for my major. I thought the class would be a GPA booster but i slacked off a lot due to underestimating this class and thinking it was easy. Now my gpa dropped down to 2.5. I might also get a D for a upper div molecular bio class, but the grades have not come out yet, so I am not certain. With this low gpa what should i do now? post bac or masters? Should i still retake the music class even though it isnt counted towards my major because i finished all my GE classes already? I still want to go to dental school and but I dont know what to do. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get into dental school and will keep trying until i get in. i also had an upward trend going until this quarter.

I was also wondering if it was possible to go to a CC or state to retake classes that i got a C or lower to boost my gpa? And what are the requirements for a post bac or masters program?

I was also planning to take the DAT this summer, but now due to these grades i feel i should postpone taking the DAT since DATs only last 2-3 years and they expire. I feel dental school is not possible anymore...

Hmm this is tough. I don't think DS is impossible, but you're really gonna have to work a lot harder now. Perhaps you should stay in school longer and work on raising that GPA. Buckle down and try aiming for straight A's. Take your classes at a 4-year university, not at CC. A lot a dental schools don't accept prereqs from CC.

Members don't see this ad :)
Take undergrad classes till your cGPA and sGPA are >3.0 then do a SMP and get a 4.0

Take undergrad classes till your cGPA and sGPA are >3.0 then do a SMP and get a 4.0

This is a must. Going to a CC to make up grades would only hurt more. It is one thing to start in a CC then move up to a four year and still do well but moving down to make up ground isn't good.

Strong upward trends are good. Work hard and get 4.0s or upper 3.0s from now on. This would be the only way you could make it work.

Good luck