What to do now that applications are over?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spring88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My life for the past six months have been spent studying for the GRE, working on applications and personal statements. Now I have no clue what to do with my time! Any suggestions? I did become a GRE tutor.. :p

Members don't see this ad.

Same thing I said last year. Enjoy it. :D
Its hard to enjoy it when you don't know where you are going to go..I've been checking this website almost daily now (the application thread), I think I'm starting to go insane!

I'm pretty sure I ran into faculty members as they were going in for an admissions committee meeting...I wanted to bug the room lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its hard to enjoy it when you don't know where you are going to go..I've been checking this website almost daily now (the application thread), I think I'm starting to go insane!

I'm pretty sure I ran into faculty members as they were going in for an admissions committee meeting...I wanted to bug the room lol.

I stopped by the head of admission's office to drop off something, and saw all kinds of transcripts and GRE results on her computer screen...and then I found out I was accepted 3 days later! So probably a good sign!

I'm focusing on preparing for the one big interview I have, and by then, hopefully I'll have more acceptances and can start comparing the costs/benefits of each program!

Work on scholarships! That's what I've been doing. (That, and obsessively checking my email...)

Gah...it never ends does it? I've started looking at scholarships and I don't think the process will be too bad. I can just revise my letter of intent and use my rec writers for the scholarship process as well. It will help a ton when I find out where I'm going..only two more weeks (for the schools I applied to)!!

Work on scholarships! That's what I've been doing. (That, and obsessively checking my email...)

Are you applying to audiology-specific scholarships? Are they through the schools you applied to or general ones? All of the ones I've been looking at either require you to already be in a program, or like ASHA and Starkey, haven't opened yet for this year...

Are you applying to audiology-specific scholarships? Are they through the schools you applied to or general ones? All of the ones I've been looking at either require you to already be in a program, or like ASHA and Starkey, haven't opened yet for this year...

I'm just working on some general ones for returning adult students and writing out essays/statements for others that I can't apply for until I know which school I'm attending. I've also got some books from the library on general scholarships that I'm perusing...every penny counts for me so I'm going to apply to as many as I can!