What to do post-LOI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Izak

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I wasn't able to find an answer to this question–– if I already sent in a Letter of Intent after being wait listed, would it be helpful to send in new Letter of Recommendations? It's been 2 weeks (will be three this friday) since I sent in my LOI. Also, if I do send in the new LOR's, should the professors themselves send it in, or is it okay if my advisor does it?

Thanks in advance. Any advice will be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I sent a LOI, met with the dean of admissions, and asked a few people if they could put in a good word for me. Took a while longer, but I got accepted. Who knows if it helped.

Why not? I can't imagine that it will hurt anything, and it could help. I have already sent in an additional LOR, a LOI and an update for the school that I'm on the WL for, and I would love to have an excuse to send something else (other than, "Hey - everything is the same here. I'm just continuously freaking out, and hoping that you call. Thanks!").

Edit: this definitely varies by school, though. Some really want for you to harass them, and some look down upon it, so you should definitely take that into account.