What to do this week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KababMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Writing on Friday. Still have some of the AAMC's left (last 4) my score is
Generally (1-3) points below what I want/ the score that would get me in to most state schools, what do you guys suggest to do? I also feel a burnout coming... But at the same time I want to get through these exams..score is not really improving and just making stupid
Careless mistakes or rushing through the passages without reading ( mainly only for physics)

Any tips on how to make this week the most productive?

Posted from my blackberry so sorry for any spelling/ grammatical errors

Members don't see this ad.

Do AAMC 11 and review content. But honestly if you don't know it at this point it may be too late to start cramming, and you may end up confusing yourself

not that I dont know the material...I feel I have quite a good grasp on it, just stupid careless mistakes/ changing the correct answer to the wrong answer several times during an exam...

I consolidated my note cards with equations and such onto two page sheets for each science section the week before my aug 5th mcat. Helped me review everything again in good detail, also gave me something to look over the day before. I also went over some high yield bio stuff like hormones, repro, orgo lab techniques etc

I left a lot of tedious memorizing to the couple days before (I can't memorize ectoderm/mesoderm/endoderm and all their particular organogenesis pathways a month before the real thing, just not my style). I was in front of my white board drawing out hormone pathways the day before the real test.

Do whatever you think is best, I thought that was best for me. I studied until 7:30pm the night before my aug 5th mcat, watched a movie before bed and wrote it very comfortably and relaxed the next day at 1pm.

I'm not one to recommend blowing the whole day before for the sake of relaxing.

The last FL I did was tuesday, 4 days before my test. I don't recommend doing them too close to the real thing.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I consolidated my note cards with equations and such onto two page sheets for each science section the week before my aug 5th mcat. Helped me review everything again in good detail, also gave me something to look over the day before. I also went over some high yield bio stuff like hormones, repro, orgo lab techniques etc

I left a lot of tedious memorizing to the couple days before (I can't memorize ectoderm/mesoderm/endoderm and all their particular organogenesis pathways a month before the real thing, just not my style). I was in front of my white board drawing out hormone pathways the day before the real test.

Do whatever you think is best, I thought that was best for me. I studied until 7:30pm the night before my aug 5th mcat, watched a movie before bed and wrote it very comfortably and relaxed the next day at 1pm.

I'm not one to recommend blowing the whole day before for the sake of relaxing.

The last FL I did was tuesday, 4 days before my test. I don't recommend doing them too close to the real thing.

Good luck!

Amen brotha! i agree prob will even take a FL on Thurs... and relax AFTER the exam....agreed on not going overboard but I feel warming up a day before the exam isn't gonna kill me if anything will help....

not that I dont know the material...I feel I have quite a good grasp on it, just stupid careless mistakes/ changing the correct answer to the wrong answer several times during an exam...

Sounds like a mental issue. I'd recommend doing as much of those FLs as possible without burning out. If you're taking the test on Friday, definitely take Thursday off. I'd even take Wednesday off if you can. If you just can't do that, maybe do some light content review, but understand that at this point you're either prepared or you aren't.

Good luck!