SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

what to do to defer? i logged into salliemae....

Discussion in 'General Residency Issues' started by bulldog, Apr 29, 2007.

  1. bulldog

    bulldog Senior Member 10+ Year Member

    Sep 8, 2002
    and I see all these options. HELP!
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Bitsy3221

    Bitsy3221 5+ Year Member

    Sep 28, 2006
    The Hub
    You won't be able to do anything (defer, forbear, etc.) until after your graduation date. In order to be eligible to go into deferment/forebearance, you can not be a student of any kind, and the SallieMae system has you listed as a student until the day after you graduate, so wait until then.
  4. bulldog

    bulldog Senior Member 10+ Year Member

    Sep 8, 2002

    but I have a booklet from salliemae saying I have to start paying May 5th (there's like 30 little sheets in there).
  5. lloyd braun

    lloyd braun 2+ Year Member

    Sep 30, 2006
    You can apply for ecomonic hardship deferment online or by printing the form off from the website and mailing it in. Your best bet would be to Call Sallie Mae. They have been very helpful with my loans.
  6. Methyldopa

    Methyldopa Pharmacopoeia 5+ Year Member

    May 13, 2004
    Applying for economic deferment is very easy online at sallie mae. Just remember you can defer that way for only three years (and this is for your federal loans, your private loans should have a 3 year grace period).

Share This Page