What to do until we get accepted in the international dental program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lamiya

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone ,
Is it possible to still apply to caapid and the international dental while studying in college .. Mind u , I have graduated from dentistry outside the United States already ..

Members don't see this ad.

3 things schools require are nbde part 1 and 2, and toefl. You can apply to schools with just part 1 but the probability of getting an invite or acceptance would be really low.

Hi, you can still apply but you'll need to make a strong application to make it stand out. Feel free to message me in case you need any help on doubts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, you can still apply but you'll need to make a strong application to make it stand out. Feel free to message me in case you need any help on doubts.
How to make SOP Strong? Are u enrolled in school?

How to make SOP Strong? Are u enrolled in school?
Yes, I am in dental school at UPENN. Personally I had professional help for the personal statement and highly recommend it. The email address of the person who helped me with my SOP is [email protected]. Good Luck! Hope you get into the school you want!

Yes, I am in dental school at UPENN. Personally I had professional help for the personal statement and highly recommend it. The email address of the person who helped me with my SOP is [email protected]. Good Luck! Hope you get into the school you want!
Thank you :)

Though I don't expect u to send ur SOP but since you are already accepted at school can u please share ur SOP. I just want to read it to make sure what I wrote is relevant. In case if u want to share my id [email protected]. And its totally okay if u don't want to share it. Thanks :)

Does clearing nbde part 2 help in UPENN selection even though its not listed as an admission criteria?
It definitely does! It may not be a requirement but it is a major preference. For one year I did all the things possible - volunteer, research, assist- Intelligently investing your time and money once saves you the hassle of reapplying and wasting more time and money.

Sorr
Though I don't expect u to send ur SOP but since you are already accepted at school can u please share ur SOP. I just want to read it to make sure what I wrote is relevant. In case if u want to share my id [email protected]. And its totally okay if u don't want to share it. Thanks :)
I'm sorry but I cannot share my personal statement. I hope you understand.

Reactions: 1 user
Can u just give a little idea on how to make it strong?/ how to begin ? Thanks
I had professional help with all of my documents including the supplementary applications, so I'm not the best person to ask for the writting aspect of the application. If you have any doubts regarding the application cycle I would be more than happy to advise you from my experience

Ok great! Can you tell me what kind of research work cn be done?
You should visit the closest dental school to you and ask for opportunities currently available.

3 things schools require are nbde part 1 and 2, and toefl. You can apply to schools with just part 1 but the probability of getting an invite or acceptance would be really low.
Thank you for your reply Lez and gurjot..
I have already passed my part 1 and am done with my toefl.. I am now planning on my part 2 . My concern is that it is not easy to be accepted as soon as You apply to DDS. So I was wondering if it's possible that I enroll in a college to be a registered dental hygienist while still applying to DDS program .. Is it possible I continue to apply for DDS while I am already in another program? Is being a RDH a plus point for application to DDS ?
If I didn't go to college then what should I do to have a better chance to be accepted in DDS? what kind of volunteer should I apply to ? Most of the volunteer work in my area are not related to dentistry .. Does it matter what kind of volunteer work I do ?
Sometimes it gets a little disturbing that as international dentists we r tied up and can't do much until we get the DDS which takes time ..
Especially in my case where I don't know any dentist from friends or family who can guide me .. I am glad we have these forms where we can discuss our journeys since we have a common aim..
I asked a lot of questions , sorry for taking much of your time.
All the best to all who are struggling , May Allah ease your way ..
Keep up the hard work and don't give up