What to do, were to apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sweid Dr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi every body, and i would appreciate a help over here.
I have studied in Lebanon in the Lebanese American University.
I have Finished my BS with a CGPA of only 3, with major courses Of 3.1
I have on mcat 24M, 10B 8P 6V.
I have good recommendation letters for my teacher
I am doing a research and i also have community service.
So is their any advice that would help

Members don't see this ad.

Lebanese, and i studied in Lebanon in an American university. I don't have any idea which university should i apply to.
I have finised the BS and i don't want to loose years in studing in a medical school whose system is different like some europian medical schools.

What do you think? What should i Do

Members don't see this ad :)
The average accepted American allopathic (MD) med student had a GPA of 3.65 and MCAT of 31. International applicants tend to be held to a higher standard, which you don't meet. Also your verbal score is very low.

Osteopathic (DO) med schools have averages of 3.45 and 25.5, but you are low for them as well. If you are willing to do some GPA repair and retake the MCAT, you could look into this option, as DO physicians do have an unlimited scope of practice in Lebanon. SDN has a PreMed osteopathic Forum wher you can ask questions.

When American students have such low numbers, they often consider applying to the Caribbean med schools. You might look into that route. More information can be found in SDN's International Medicine>Caribbean Forum. Look further down on the forum list to find it.

thank you for ur answer, but do you have any idea about london. and what's their system over there. and do i have a chance. What about spaine or japan? do u have any idea
thank you very much :hungover: