Quantcast

what to do...what to do (about calc)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dlouis

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
hey all. I read some other calc problem threads but mine is a tad different.

I took calc 1 for the first time and got a C this past semester. I'm pretty upset but I knew it was going to happen. I'm only asking beacuse i am retaking general chem II next semester beacuse I got a C in that also (my only other C) and i feel that is more important.

if i retake calc, itll be next fall AFTER i apply to med school. They will see that I am in the process of retaking it but they won't see what my final grade is. Will that count for something or should I just forget about that C altogether? Thanks!

justdoit31

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all. I read some other calc problem threads but mine is a tad different.

I took calc 1 for the first time and got a C this past semester. I'm pretty upset but I knew it was going to happen. I'm only asking beacuse i am retaking general chem II next semester beacuse I got a C in that also (my only other C) and i feel that is more important.

if i retake calc, itll be next fall AFTER i apply to med school. They will see that I am in the process of retaking it but they won't see what my final grade is. Will that count for something or should I just forget about that C altogether? Thanks!

some of us are just not calc people- I got a C in Calc 1 and just stopped there... a couple C's won't hurt you in my opinion and almost all the med schools don't require Calc 2 anyways... just do well in your pre-reqs

Screw it... I wouldn't retake it if I were you. Some people just don't get math, and that is certainly ok. And even if a school that you apply to requires calc, at least you'll have taken it...