dlouis

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
hey all. I read some other calc problem threads but mine is a tad different.

I took calc 1 for the first time and got a C this past semester. I'm pretty upset but I knew it was going to happen. I'm only asking beacuse i am retaking general chem II next semester beacuse I got a C in that also (my only other C) and i feel that is more important.

if i retake calc, itll be next fall AFTER i apply to med school. They will see that I am in the process of retaking it but they won't see what my final grade is. Will that count for something or should I just forget about that C altogether? Thanks!

justdoit31

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
hey all. I read some other calc problem threads but mine is a tad different.

I took calc 1 for the first time and got a C this past semester. I'm pretty upset but I knew it was going to happen. I'm only asking beacuse i am retaking general chem II next semester beacuse I got a C in that also (my only other C) and i feel that is more important.

if i retake calc, itll be next fall AFTER i apply to med school. They will see that I am in the process of retaking it but they won't see what my final grade is. Will that count for something or should I just forget about that C altogether? Thanks!

some of us are just not calc people- I got a C in Calc 1 and just stopped there... a couple C's won't hurt you in my opinion and almost all the med schools don't require Calc 2 anyways... just do well in your pre-reqs

Screw it... I wouldn't retake it if I were you. Some people just don't get math, and that is certainly ok. And even if a school that you apply to requires calc, at least you'll have taken it...

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.