What to do, What to do...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by SixtyNinePesos, Nov 13, 2002.

1. SixtyNinePesos

SixtyNinePesos Junior Member

I am sure you gals and guys are sick of giving advice, but I need some help. I am in my last year of undergrad and applying. I started a cognitive science minor this year to boost my gpa, but I decided just to finish up my major and graduate a quarter earlier. My problem is that I am in a programming class that I needed to take for the minor and I am gettina c+. I am not sure if I could get my grade up to a B after the final, as I really suck at programming. If I don't get in anywhere this year I plan to do georgetown's or finch's post bacc. program. My question is, should I take a "w" in programming so I don't risk a C? My gpa has been really good recently, and I don't want to screw it up. I also feel that if I stay in programming I may not do as well in my other classes. Thanks for your help!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. AegisZero

AegisZero Senior Member

Yeah, a minor isn't worth it. Plus it seems you have already answered your own question, that is, you seem to be making a ton of reasons for leaving the class but none for staying. I think you should take your own (subconscious) advice and withdraw it.

4. SMW

SMW Grand Member

I agree. One W from a class from a minor you decided not to pursue will not be that big a deal (assuming you don't have lots of W's on your record).

5. SixtyNinePesos

Thanks for the feedback. I have one other W, in a class that I later took and got an A

6. laviddee

laviddee Senior Member

what's your current gpa?

7. SixtyNinePesos

My gpa is a 3.00, with an upward trend.