What to do, What to do...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SixtyNinePesos

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am sure you gals and guys are sick of giving advice, but I need some help. I am in my last year of undergrad and applying. I started a cognitive science minor this year to boost my gpa, but I decided just to finish up my major and graduate a quarter earlier. My problem is that I am in a programming class that I needed to take for the minor and I am gettina c+. I am not sure if I could get my grade up to a B after the final, as I really suck at programming. If I don't get in anywhere this year I plan to do georgetown's or finch's post bacc. program. My question is, should I take a "w" in programming so I don't risk a C? My gpa has been really good recently, and I don't want to screw it up. I also feel that if I stay in programming I may not do as well in my other classes. Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by SixtyNinePesos
I am sure you gals and guys are sick of giving advice, but I need some help. I am in my last year of undergrad and applying. I started a cognitive science minor this year to boost my gpa, but I decided just to finish up my major and graduate a quarter earlier. My problem is that I am in a programming class that I needed to take for the minor and I am gettina c+. I am not sure if I could get my grade up to a B after the final, as I really suck at programming. If I don't get in anywhere this year I plan to do georgetown's or finch's post bacc. program. My question is, should I take a "w" in programming so I don't risk a C? My gpa has been really good recently, and I don't want to screw it up. I also feel that if I stay in programming I may not do as well in my other classes. Thanks for your help!

Yeah, a minor isn't worth it. Plus it seems you have already answered your own question, that is, you seem to be making a ton of reasons for leaving the class but none for staying. I think you should take your own (subconscious) advice and withdraw it.

I agree. One W from a class from a minor you decided not to pursue will not be that big a deal (assuming you don't have lots of W's on your record).

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the feedback. I have one other W, in a class that I later took and got an A

what's your current gpa?

My gpa is a 3.00, with an upward trend.