I have sent secondaries back to about 15 total MD and DO schools. No rejections yet, and I passed the screening at places like Wake Forest and Arizona, but no interview invites either. I have great ECs and MCAT (35), but my GPA is on the low end (3.48 cGPA, 3.2 sci although that will go up a little after 2 A's in biochem and physics 2 this summer). If I do not get accepted anywhere this cycle I am planning on retaking some of my basic prereq science courses since I took nearly all of these my first two years of my first undergrad degree and I was happy at the time with B- in all of them (and a C in one). Its obviously going to cost a lot of money to retake classes, especially if I do it at a university, so when should I plan on taking them? I know fall is probably too early to know if I am accepted this cycle, but what if I am waitlisted or on hold in the spring? I really want to avoid paying the $10,000+ for the classes I want to take if I end up getting accepted this cycle. I know for MD schools it would not have a huge GPA boost, but maybe it would show adcoms that I do actually understand the material and have matured a lot since I was 18-19. And for DO schools, the GPA boost would be pretty dramatic. So do you think I should even worry about retaking them? P.S. If I retake in the spring, then I will not be able to go on a 5 month rural medicine trip to Nepal for RNs due to time and money issues.