1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

what to do with classes during interviews?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by niners, Nov 11, 2002.

1. niners

niners New Member

How important are the classes we are taking this semester while going on interviews? I am gone for weeks at a time, flying around the country for interviews. There is no way this is not going to affect my grades...but what will it do to my acceptances, or potential acceptances? Any knowledge on the importance of these grades would be very helpful. Thanks all.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. zer0el

zer0el Sports Junkie
    7+ Year Member

There are three scenarios that could happen:

1. You get accepted this term. Your grades don't matter as long as you pass your classes and graduate (I asked the CWRU dean this exact question, and that was essentially his reply).

2. You get waitlisted. You can update your academic record with your fall senior year grades if you think they will help your case. If your grades are gonna suck, then you probably won't send in your new grades. You'll just have to update your file with EC's and letters of interest/intent.

3. You get rejected. Straight A's wouldn't matter in this case of course.

4. heelshmeel

heelshmeel Tar Heel Bred
    7+ Year Member

The only problem is of course... if you get rejected and then you have to reapply next year, I can see some interviewer saying..."tell me why your grades dipped during your senior year?"
    :( :(

5. Woots32

Woots32 kinda funky, kinda fine
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I dropped Orgo 2. I probably could have stayed in it and toughed it out, but I decided that it was way more effort than it was worth. I'll probably have to take it next semester, but I think it was worth it to spare myself the aggravation.

6. keptium

keptium Member
    7+ Year Member

Wow you took the MCAT without Orgo 2!