What to do with luggage at interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCMonkey

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK folks, this may be a bit of a lame question, but here goes....

For those of you that have had interviews, what do you generally do with your "stuff" (backpack / suitcase) while you're going on the tour, interviewing, etc. Do they give you a place to put it? Make you lug it around? Rent a car and leave it in the car? Leave it at your host's place (if you stay with a student) and pick it up afterward? Leave it at the hotel (if you stay in a hotel)?

Members don't see this ad.

What I was able to do at UCSD was leave my suitcase in the admissions office with the staff. They are used to that. You might be able to leave it with your student host, but many times your day is finished and you are on your way before they are done with their day. I would be very surprised if the office staff could not take care of it for you.

Decent hotels will gladly check your bags for the remainder of your day...that is what I ususally do, if they offer it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Toss it into the admissions office. I've had lots of interviews and no one has ever given me any grief. --Trek

you can leave it in the admissions office. just be sure not to have anything incriminating inside as you never know if they're gonna take the liberty to rifle through your stuff.