what to do with my year off

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hellooooooo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm a gradauting senior out of los angeles and have decided to take a year off before medical school. However, I decided that I don't want to be doing research or simply volunteering at a local hospital-I've done a LOT of that already and want to do something else. Is there anything that anyone can reccommend? I'm getting desperate!
Thanx!

Members don't see this ad.

I love kids, so I took a break from hospital volunteering and research to teach sixth grade :) Although if I had some money, I would go visit Europe for a few months!

Right now I'm taking a year off too. I'm working two jobs (teen center coordinator, computer company) to earn some cash for applying to med school (which will cost around 4-5K). I know I'm doing a less traditional route, so it really depends on you what you want to do.

When you go to interviews, I would be prepared to discuss what I did on my year off. Its most likely that they'll ask.

Oh yeah, good point. Maybe go take a nice long vacation to a nice foreign country for a month to enjoy yourself before the long haul.